cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Quite shocking service

MartinBarrettNottingham
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I switched provider on 28th October, cancellation requested by new provider on 1st October, and TT confirmed this to me in email.

So of course this didn't happen and TT continued to bill me because of some weird admin thing on my account. Retentions told me "Oh we should have spotted that and cancelled the entire account but we didn't - and of course there's nothing we can do now!!"

I had a free upgrade to full fibre mid contract which apparently meant there were two packages on my account - but I never knew this!  So when full fibre was cancelled the other old copper one wasn't.  I'm supposed to know all this but no sign of this in my online account.

Totally not my fault and the best they can do is cancel me in 6 days time, so I end up paying for half a month of service EVEN though I cancelled correctly 1st October,

Please think carefully before signing anything!
I'm very disappointed and sadly not at all surprised. 

I presume I will now need to raise a complaint to recover the overpayment!

Martin

MrB
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi MartinBarrettNottingham

The account is now fully cancelled.

Sorry it took so long. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Arne, I think I need to wait and see what charges/credits happen. If it all works out I'm happy to delete this thread ... but not yet convinced my cease date of 28 October will be honoured.

Thanks tho'

Martin

MrB
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Yes, that's my complaint. I cancelled 1st October, but TT failed to cancel the copper part. Which meant I had to call again and start a second cancellation for 10th October which I did not feel I should do, but was left with no choice

I should be paying nothing after 28th October when my full fiber ceased.

MrB
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi MartinBarrettNottingham

The cease is due to complete on the 10th.  

I can see that a credit has been raised to clear the new advanced bill.  

Sorry for any inconvenience.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

If there is any refund due as a result of balancing out the bill, you need to reclaim it using the DD details already set up in My Account. 

Leave the DD in place until you have received a bill for £0.00, @MartinBarrettNottingham.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I started a chat to raise a complaint and the conversation went like this:-

13:02, Nov 4  You: I've had an invoice for a further month today and I should have finished 28th October

13:02, Nov 4  drexler: And if how much is your final bill. There's no need for you to worry we will credit the charges on your account.

13:04, Nov 4  drexler: Yes no problem with that, Martin. I can assure you that there's no need for you to pay anything.

13:05, Nov 4  drexler: I will place a note on your account to waive your final bill that you will receive if how much is your outstanding balance.

13:06, Nov 4 You: ok thanks

I do hope this guy has the authority to do all he promises!

He went on:-

13:07, Nov 4  You: Shall I cancel my direct debit to be sure?

13:07, Nov 4  drexler: Yes, you can.

13:08, Nov 4  You: thanks - I will need to keep a copy of this conversation to be safe - thanks for your help

As I have this in writing I think I will cancel the direct debit, but am still very dubious about my current invoice for a full month in advance.
But will see!

Martin

MrB
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

It's an error that has already been made several times by Talktalk billing, so they should be More aware by now, @MartinBarrettNottingham.

Also important that those aware that they had their old copper phone line left behind remember to mention this when cancelling, as the agent will only deal with the Full Fibre product on their screen, mentioned by the customer at the time of cancellation.

Staff will be back after the weekend to check what went on here, @MartinBarrettNottingham.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes