cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Re: Specific Items Dropping from Wifi and not recovering and need router reset

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello, I have just seen my bill and a charge of £75 has been added to this, can you explain why?

The BT open reach guy said it was the socket and replaced it and this to me is within their responsibility not mine. Anything passed the socket is my issue but up to the socket is BT Open Reach and they said that was issue and there would be no charge as they own up to there. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

I see that you have posted on the earlier thread that the engineering charge issue has been resolved, so I'll mark this thread as closed, @Mackam.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Specific-Items-Dropping-from-Wifi-and-not-recovering-a...

Issue now closed.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

I appreciate your trying to help but this is issue between me and talk talk thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Don't cancel your Direct Debit as it results in further complications with extra charges and if there are problems with payment it can affect your credit rating. 

If the charge can't be justified, @Mackam, staff will definitely sort it out for you but I wouldn't advise giving them such an immediate deadline  - it can take time to get hold of engineers' reports from Openreach etc.

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Thats only if you damage the socket which is fair enough. That isnt the case here, I will wait for somebody from Talk Talk to respond as they need to cancel this charge before I cancel my direct debit tomorrow as I am not paying it. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Staff will take a look at this during the day, @Mackam.

There does seem to have been a rewriting of the parameters under which Openreach charges may apply since the last time many of us looked. The mention of the garden etc is new.... and rather generalised re the main socket. 

Not very fair on us customers having this sprung on us without warning. 

20230523_214925.jpg

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

No it doesnt, not in detail. I assume I am being charged for engineer visit but since he changed master socket and said it was that and Open reach own the master socket then why am I being charged? 

If you can review and resolve if not will cancel Direct Debit on Thursday before payment as I am not paying that. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

It should show in the details of the current bill, @Mackam.

I've moved this to the billing section for you. Staff can also view the rest of the thread.

0 Likes