cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Refund for loss of service

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

On Monday the 24th of July my broadband died.

After contacting a VERY unhelpful person the response i got was " we will not replace any equipment".

The following day i spoke to another VERY helpful person who deduced that the power supply for the router was dead. He agreed to send a replacement, the power supply arrived but not until Friday the 28th July meaning i was without the broadband service i had paid for for 5 days.

How do i go about claiming compensation for the loss of service for the 5 days it was down ?

Nobody from talktalk has contacted me to sort this out, no email, text message, nothing.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Mally4

I have asked the Auto compensation team to investigate,

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards

Message 2 of 9

It generally takes a full billing cycle before any auto compensation is applied:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

I have re-escalated this to the support team for you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

I am still waiting to hear about compensation for total loss of my broadband which occured back in August, almost a month ago.

I see no adjustment on my bill and have heard NOTHING at all from anyone, perhaps you are thinking i will go away and forget it ?

I WONT. I lost broadband for a full week and want reimbursing for the days i paid for with no service.

The level of "service" is diabolical and not at a standard that i expect from a company..

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

@Mally4, I've just managed to send you a test message, so there is no problem with that, in theory. 

However, any PM that may have needed a reply to staff is likely to have contained a link. That will have expired, so staff will need to send you another one after the weekend. 

It requires a prompt reply, as the links have a very short shelf life.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

I have just read the message as i have been away on holiday.

When i click the link in the message all i get is a page with the following message --

Something went wrong.

Oops! You shouldn’t be seeing this. Please return to the social channel and contact your agent to try again.

I also cannot reply to your pm as the site says i have sent too many replies and i have to wait ??

I have sent no messages at all.

I also get error messages saying i have an invalid HTML link in the message body, there aren't any links.

Please advise on next steps.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Mally4

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Equipment failure is not specifically covered by the automatic compensation scheme, although you might expect some kind of goodwill gesture in the circumstances. I have moved this to the Billing section for you and the support team will respond as soon as they pick it up next week. 

0 Likes