cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Renewal

ChunkyChunk1
Participant
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Anyone else have issue with the wording of option 3 in the renewal email? If indeed anyone has had their email around 15 Feb 24?

The Chunky1
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi Arne

I spoke with someone, who said I'd missed the managers call, a call might I add that I didn't miss as the call was never made, then was told that a manager will be in contact. Alas no contact since. Not impressed to be honest.

The Chunky1
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 21

The  main contact details are published on the website, although for the loyalty team specifically you could try 0345 172 5157. The support team here won't be back online until Monday now. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi Arne just an update was expecting a call back from the 'fibre loyalty' team manager re my complaint and guess what no such call received. Brilliant. Do you know a phone number here in the UK I can ring? Thanks in advance 

The Chunky1
0 Likes

ChunkyChunk1
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 21

Hi all just an update was expecting a call back from the 'fibre loyalty' team manager re my complaint and guess what no such call received. Brilliant. Anyone know a phone number here in the UK I can ring? Thanks in advance 

The Chunky1
0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

"Poor" wording is putting it mildly, why would TalkTalk even proffer an option that would leave you worse off?  

ChunkyChunk1
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 21

Hi Ferguson

Yup not a hard decision at all. Yeah all swings and roundabouts for sure, it's not the money that's my issue it's the poor wording and rather condescending attitude of the 'loyalty team' that's irking me

The Chunky1

Message 8 of 21

OK, that's not bad. Probably swings and roundabouts over the duration of the contract and at least you don't have to second-guess what the CPI rate might be going forwards.

My own renewal "offer" for Fibre 150 was stay as you are at Fixed Price Plus on £26, or take out a new 24 month contract for the same package at £32 variable. Not a hard decision in my case! 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi Ferguson

Yeah it's only a slight increase of £2 per month

The Chunky1

Message 10 of 21

@ChunkyChunk1 

Would you mind sharing how much you agreed to for the fixed price contract? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Ok thanks Arne

The Chunky1
0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Arne I have managed to get a fixed price plan, at a higher price than option 3, and this is my point that paragraph reads as though that offer matches my previous contract. That is the offer I wanted because of the poorly worded offer, but all I get is a very condescending attitude from the fibre loyalty team saying we'll it doesn't say it's fixed, and the last one I spoke to openly admitted they don't advise that all offers are variable unless it states it's fixed. How am I, or anyone else for that matter, meant to know this? 

The Chunky1

Message 14 of 21

I would suggest specifically asking for a fixed price plus plan.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

I was on a fixed 24mths contract for fibre 500 data only. Read the renewal email, option 3 states move onto a 'new, matching' contract. I thought brilliant, rand the number only to be told it's variable as in CPI linked, that is not a 'matching' contract.

The Chunky1
0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

If was on a fixed 24mths contract for fibre 500 data only. Read the renewal email, option 3 states move onto a 'new, matching' contract. I thought brilliant, rand the number only to be told it's variable as in CPI linked, that is not a 'matching' contract.

The Chunky1
0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi ChunkyChunk1

If you choose option 1, and continue out of contract,  although you have fixed price plus, you will receive a price increase in April.

Option 2  upgrade to faster speeds ie fibre 900

The 3rd option gives you the choice of renewing into to a new  24 month contract on the current package. 

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

I don't know about "misleading," but it is certainly confusing, especially without knowledge of the full context. What package are you on presently?

0 Likes

ChunkyChunk1
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Personally I find it very misleading have tried chat with online agent from fibre loyalty team, very condescending, have escalated to their unavailable manager, but can't seem to find a phone to actually talk to someone ideally in the UK, any ideas? Thanks in advance. Screenshot of option 3 attached.

The Chunky1
0 Likes

ChunkyChunk1
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Personally I find it very misleading have tried chat with online agent from fibre loyalty team, very condescending, have escalated to their unavailable manager, but can't seem to find a phone to actually talk to someone ideally in the UK, any ideas? Thanks in advance. Screenshot of option 3 attached.

The Chunky1
0 Likes