cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Renewed contract

Cranesbill
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

As I was approaching the end of my contract, I got an email from info@consumer.talktalk.co.uk saying:

The third option available for you is to move onto a new, matching Fibre 35 contract for £26.00 per month for another 24 months, average download speeds of 38Mb/s. To learn more about this offer, click here to order now.

I checked around and there were other companies with similar offers on.  I rang talktalk and Angel offered me a Fibre 35 contract with a Half Price for 24 months Unlimited Uk Calls Boost.  She made it clear that this was a half price offer.  What she did not make clear was that she was increasinng the charge for the Fibr 35 conntract from £26 to £27.  No mention at all of this increase in price.  I put a review on TrustPilot and talktalk responded by inviting me to contact them about my review.  I spent two hours using their chatline and all I got was that their 'colleague has tried to make everything as clear as possible when discussing your renewal'.  I don't think failing to mention a price increase was making everything as clear as possible.  At what stage are they goinng to admit that their customer service failed and that they deliberately did not mention this price increase.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6

Many thanks for your help.  I rang the number and sorted it out and they explained they couldn't change the fibre 35 package so they gave me fibre 65 at a reduced price and kept the 50% discount on all calls.  All on a 24 months contract with no inflation increase.  A very satisfactory outcome.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Cranesbill

Sorry that you are unhappy

Best option would be to call the loyalty team  on 03451720088 They will be able to sort this out. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Cranesbill
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Yes I got an email confirming details of new agreement and I see I have the right to cancel within 14 days.  The offer was not on the website, (although it may have been but I didn't see it).  The offer was by way of email to me as I said in my posting.  Had I fully realised that they were not giving me what had been offered in the email, I would have been less pleased especially as I could get a Shell Energy deal for less than the total now being charged and a £60 Amazon voucher which will bring the cost down to a lot less.

It looks as though cancellation is the only reasonable option.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Did you get an email confirming the details of your new agreement? The £26 offer you saw online may not have been the same as you assumed when calling. Although things should have been clearly explained to you throughout and if not you have the right to cancel within 14 days.

0 Likes