cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Renewed my contract on 22.3.23 but what was said does not match contract recieved

Doodles
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Can someone please advise.

I made renewal call  for future fibre on 22.3.23 and was offered 24 month contract Talk talk TV, unlimited uk  calls and super  safe boost. But when I received the contract email later the talk talk  Tv and supersafe boost was showing as 18 months contract. I rang back  when the lines were reopened  on  23.3.23  for it to be corrected  and was told that a   complaints manager would call me back in 24 to 48 hours.  Since then I have had ongoing engagement with talk talk with regular promises of how the complaints manager would call me back  and for then me to call back to ask for a call back.   I am still waiting after repeatedly being told that the staff  I have contacted are unable to help me but that a complaints manager will call me back.    Last contact made on  18.4.23 where I was told repeatedly that a complaints manager would call me back within 24 to 48 hours and then they said 3 to 6 days ( all within the same contact)   Its now 6 days post that contact and I am still waiting.    In summary been waiting 4 weeks for the complaints manager to call me back to address my contract. 

I just need the contract to match what I was informed during the renewal call on 22.3.23. Ideally someone needs to listen  to the call I made as I checked and rechecked numerous times. during the call.  

The add on issue is that on  22.3.23 I was informed that the talk talk router would arrive within 3 to 6 days which I was glad about as I was on holiday to receive the delivery.   I have been also in contact to find out where it was and only last week was told that it would arrive 2 days before the open reach engineer appointment.  I have been desperately trying to arrange for it to come  before as I work full time and there will be no one in and I need it to come before so that I can do a reschedule of the delivery.   I can't get any help around this.

Is anyone  please able to help me on these two areas.

I have used  all methods of communication over the last 4 weeks and not getting any results.  Any help would be great. 

Doodles
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Thank you, @Doodles! So glad that everything seems clearer now.

Your kind words are much appreciated too!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Doodles
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

Hello everyone. I am trying to thank you but crazily I think I might be replying to myself.  So I say it again 🙂 Thank you very much 

Doodles
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thank you 

Doodles
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thank  you. Yes they were discounts on the Tv and supersafe   which are down as 18 months  and the inclusive calls says 24 months . Thanks for the escalation.   I did get a call back today  so thank you for everything

Doodles

Message 6 of 11

Thank you 

Doodles
0 Likes

Doodles
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Thank you everyone.  Really appreciate your answers. Sorry I didnt get back sooner as usually I get an email alert and not received any.  Good news is that  someone  has made contact with me so hopefully it should be all sorted.     My main issue was that I checked and double checked with the advisor multiple times through out the call and he repeatedly assured me and  went through each element again and again and said yes that is showing 24 months.    The tv box and router should also be coming soon.  I was worried as the original advisor had said to expect it within 3 to 6 days of the initial renewal call and I had said great as I was on leave and would be in to receive it.  I then went over everything again to ensure that I had got everything exact.   So hopefully everything  will be ok now.  But again thank you so much for your replies as they have really helped.   

Doodles

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Doodles 

Sorry that you are having problems. 

The maximum that TV and Supersafe discounts can be applied for is 18 months, Apologies this was not explained,  the discount end date will be displayed in My Account once the new service goes live.  Your new contract for Broadband will be 24 months. 

If you have a Wifi Hub currently this will also work with the FTTP connection, but a new router will be dispatched to arrive before the go live date. 

Hope that helps

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum, @Doodles, and escalate it for attention there.

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Were these discounts on the TV and Supersafe boosts?

Sometimes these can only be applied for a limited number of months, @Doodles, and so you have to get them reinstated when they are about to run out. They don't always match the number of months of the contract. Only the Broadband itself is fixed for the duration of the contract, as the boosts can be removed by you without penalty after one month minimum. 

Might be worth checking the actual duration of the inclusive calls boost too.

Staff can certainly look into the details of your contract for you.

They should be able to check what is happening with the router, though ultimately that's in the hands of the delivery company. It is usually timed to arrive very close to the engineer's visit.