cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Repeated delay on service end date

pl1234
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3
I had been a customer with TalkTalk for over 18 months and generally happy with the broadband service, but my experience with service cancellation was highly unsatisfactory.

My Fibre 65 contract ended on 10th February and continued on a rolling basis. On 18th March, I called Customer Service to cancel my broadband, as I was moving to a different address. The agent tried to persuade me to stay with TalkTalk and offered several deals. I accepted a deal, but then the agent realised there was some issue preventing the service from being set up at my new address. As a result, I had to go through with service cancellation. The agent said I only needed to serve a 5-day notice, because it was TalkTalk's fault for not being able to supply at my new address.

On 20th March, an agent from TalkTalk called to confirm my cancellation, but with a service end date of 3rd April. When I asked about the 5-day notice that was promised by the previous agent, he was uninterested in checking the records and instead told me "you should consider yourself lucky" because one would normally have to give a 30-day notice. I felt his response was quite disrespectful, but thought it wasn’t worth disputing over the 11-day discrepancy.

On 28th March, I received an unsolicited phone call from the loyalty team, who tried to persuade me to stay with TalkTalk. I explained I had already gone through the same discussion on 18th March, only to learn that TalkTalk was unable to supply at my new address. Before ending the call, he mentioned the service end date had been postponed to 14th April, the date when my old address (which was now occupied by someone else) was due to be switched to a different supplier. I was shocked by yet another delay to my cancellation, especially when it was allegedly caused by something beyond my own control.

I would appreciate it if someone from TalkTalk could look into my case (particularly records of my phone call on 18th March) and explain the repeated failure of honouring the promised cancellation dates, which led to an additional bill for 22 days.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi pl1234

Just to clarify there were 2 accounts, original account, and homemove account. The Homemove account was the account cancelled in 5 days.  

The original account was the account that usually would cancel in 30 days, which is the account you were called about on the 20th March, however this cancellation failed, this triggered the call made later on the 28th to confirm the new cancellation has been placed which successfully completed. 

The bill produced on the 24th Will be credited back, you should be able to request a refund by logging into My Account.

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If you called to cancel on 18 March then that should have been the start of the 30 day notice period required. I have no idea why you were told subsequently that it would be 5 days. Having established that they were unable to provide a service at your new address they should have honoured your initial cancellation notice. That would have been 17 April, so 14 April does not seem that far of the mark. Although the communications you have received generally seem to have been poor. 

This has been flagged to the support team here and they will respond as soon as they can. 

0 Likes