cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Replace soffit mounted connection box

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi

The cover of my soffit mounted connection box which connects the overhead wire to the house is missing. Concerned ingress of rain could compromise phone connection. Openreach tell me you can sort this out. Advice please. Thank you.

Carl

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Thank you.

Regards

Carl

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi csqwared

A credit has been raised to remove the engineer charge.

Regards.

Message 4 of 12

I have moved this to the Billing section and re-escalated it for you. 

0 Likes

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

Hi

Just received my latest TalkTalk bill and see I have been charged for the OpenReach engineer's visit. Since the engineer told me quite specifically he would be logging this visit as a no-charge call I would like to know why I have been charged.

Thank you

Regards

Carl

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Carl

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Engineer with us 1500hrs approx. What an excellent young man. Concerned about ladders compromising garden and identified a safe way he could fix the broken soffit box from the bedroom window. Also identified a broadband problem which he also fixed resulting in improved broadband speed. What a star, wish all visiting workman had a similar attitude. Thanks very much for the help.

Regards

Carl

Message 8 of 12

Hi Carl

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 11/07 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

Message 9 of 12

Hi Carl

Thanks for your reply.

We can arrange the engineer visit for you. I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details.

In regards to potential engineer charges, we will need to advise of this. It depends on the engineers report if charges would be applied as this is not a service affecting issue at the moment.

0 Likes

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Hi Michelle

Not experiencing any problems with phone line at all at the moment, even in wind and rain. My concern is that, since the connections and wires are totally exposed, problems will develop if not attended to.

Thank you

Carl

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your post. Are you currently experiencing any issues with the connection or voice service such as noise on the line? Do you seem to experience any issues when it's windy or raining?

Thanks

0 Likes