cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Service never meets guaranteed minimum

lockedoutagain
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

My Fibre 65 contract is up for renewal. The guaranteed minimum is 50mbps but we have never ever achieved this, it's usually up to 40mbps at the router (apart from the last couple of months but that turned out to be a physical cable issue in the street).

I was wondering, given I can't get the speed I'm paying for, if there was a lower package I can get? If go to the TalkTalk website to look at packages without logging into my account it only gives me the option of Fast Broadband with a guaranteed speed of 6.66mbps, which I don't want. If I log in it gives me the renewal offer for my current package. Is there anything in between?

regards

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

lockedoutagain
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

Just to follow up on this, I spoke to sales and after some confusing discussion they knocked £5.95 off of the Fibre65 renewal price of £29.95 for an 18 month contract, variable. I could have got it another £5 cheaper with Now but I haven't got time to mess about. TalkTalk have lowered the guaranteed minimum from 50 to 16.6 though. Not worried about that, when it's stable we were getting around 35 so hopefully that will continue. Was considering Gigaclear full fibre at £17 per month but that introductory offer goes up to £40 in 18 months, and then I'm stuck with them, having let the landline go.

Thanks for al the info 

lockedoutagain
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Thanks everyone for the info, that's cleared things up a bit. I'll call customer loyalty when I have 5 mins,

cheers

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

It's from the small print at the bottom of this page, @AllyM:

https://new.talktalk.co.uk/

I think that there may be a mistake, mentioning data only in the ordinary Fibre65 section.

However Full Fibre Fibre65, with a fuller description of data only, is the same price as ordinary Fibre65. 

Screenshot_20230713-231903_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

@Gliwmaeden2 ,

That is interesting. I didn't even know that TalkTalk did 12 month contracts. One thing that catches my eye in the screenshot you have posted is a reference to "Fibre65 data only", so are those the prices for full fibre Fibre65 as I assumed that FTTC Fibre65 would always have the option of home phone, since it is delivered over the telephone line?

Those prices do seem a little bit high, particularly since they also quote the inflation plus 3.7% annual increase. I am currently paying £24.95 per month for Fibre65 (FTTC) on a fixed price plus contract with a year left to run.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Current information. 

Screenshot_20230712-222322_Chrome.jpg

Only the 12 month contracts are the same price for Fibre35 and Fibre65.  Otherwise Fibre35 is cheaper by £1.00 per month on the 18 / 24 month contracts. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

@lockedoutagain ,

Be aware though, that in my own personal experience, the deals available for Fibre35 and Fibre65 for the past few years have been identical prices, so I don't expect switching to Fibre35 will work out any cheaper for you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk & @Gliwmaeden2 I'll do that,

regards

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi @lockedoutagain 

The next package down is Fibre 35 which is actually 40mbps down /20mbps up  Best option would be to call the loyalty team on 03451720088 The will be able to help. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

You are better phoning or using Chat to sort out your renewal, @lockedoutagain.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

That helps avoid extras, like TV, being included  - so specify what you do and don't want. 

It sounds like you would have been better on Fibre35, but they are usually a similar price. If they are pushing Fast Broadband (which is the slowest on offer, and expensive for what it gives) it may be to do with limiting the range on offer before offering an upgrade further down the line to a full Fibre service.

Fast Broadband can be excellent for ordinary browsing. Mine has a similarly low guarantee, but, after a very bad phase when I had noticed a decline (over years) they got my potential speeds up to c 16 to the router.

0 Likes