cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Still waiting for £105 Amazon

cas1701
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

I joined in August 23 having purchased the Fibre 900 Data only package and as part of the deal I was promised an Amazon Voucher of £105. It's now Christmas time and I'm still waiting. I check from time to time on the link that TalkTalk sent and all I get is this:

Taken at 1123 19/12/23Taken at 1123 19/12/23

My question is, when will I be receiving this from TalkTalk?

If this is because they are waiting for bills to be paid, then I have received and paid bills for the 3+ months I have been with TalkTalk  by direct debit and can be confirmed by my bank, which as far as I can see is certainly enough time for TalkTalk to acknowledge that I can have the voucher they so fervently promised when they were trying to attract my custom.

This seems to be an extraordinarily common problem for TalkTalk customers and having gone through many, many other posts exactly like this one it would seem that TalkTalk, talk a good game but fail to deliver to their customers. TalkTalk really needs to get their collective act together as this is bad customer service and as a consequence, I will not be renewing my contract when it expires.

As stated in other posts about vouchers, rather than adding to an existing one, I have created a new topic.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

I've often felt that the voucher system is not worth the time and effort for customers, @cas1701, right across the board!

If only companies would just sell their products all a bit more cheaply, it would save a lot of grief!

I have only used such a scheme once, to buy a camera. Had to keep every piece of paper, and it was an arduous process. 

Am very surprised that Moneysavingexpert etc seem to encourage these deals these days, and take into account the voucher amount while headlining a good average price over a year.

Just encouraging the practice. A lot of the problems are caused by cache clearing, so cookies are lost.

All one can recommend while using such deals is to screenshot each page.

Arne has done his best to fulfill the offer and has met the equivalent value.

I'd say it's a cultural problem across the board, as the voucher culture has grown hugely in recent years - not unique to Talktalk. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

cas1701
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Thank you for finally getting this sorted out. I have received the £100 Amazon voucher and also £5 off my February bill. But this isn't really satisfactory. As I have already said, when I joined TalkTalk I was promised a £105 voucher as a sweetener to join. I accepted the offer but it never came to fruition and I had to badger you and your colleagues to get what was promised.

If this is a problem with Gift Cloud then surely TalkTalk should be pulling it's contract with them and going elsewhere, not leaving it up to customers to go chasing around trying to get what was promised as a sweetener to join. Poor, very poor!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

The £5 credit has been applied, im sorry that the only option I had was £5 short.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Credits show in Transaction History in My Account, @cas1701.

You can then claim it back to your bank account or just leave it in there, and it will automatically be applied to your next bill, reducing the total.

0 Likes

cas1701
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 17

@Gliwmaeden2 Thank you for kicking this up a notch and it seems to have almost the desired result. However not a complete result.

@Arne-TalkTalk Thank you for finally getting me a great portion of the gift card I was promised when I joined TalkTalk. But this solution you have provided is not what was promised. Getting a £100 Amazon voucher and £5 credit on my bill was not what I should have received, but the £105 voucher. This is a salutary lesson in that all things promised don't always come to fruition. I will wait to see whether I get the promised credit and have a bill of £44.00 only in February.

Bearing in mind that you represent an major communications company, aren't you a little bit saddened by the way they have behaved? Surely this company is large enough that when it makes promises then it should keep them, not leave people having to pester its employees for the promised item for months after starting to receive the company's services! Shame on you TalkTalk. 

I will mark this as Accepted as Solution once I have received the credit to my bill in February.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Re-escalating this for you, @cas1701.

cas1701
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 17

And I'm still waiting!! Is this going to take much longer?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Why am I not surprised?! How many people have you got working in the department? Two?! With a backlog of thousands it's hardly surprising.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17
0 Likes

cas1701
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

Why am I still waiting for these vouchers? Can this be chased up please as this service is very sub-standard!

Also, rather than dishing out little badges, such as this:

cas1701_0-1704801986010.jpeg

how about you give us a decent service?!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Thanks. I will mark this thread as solved once I have received the vouchers. Because as of a minute ago I still had this: 

Screeshot 2023/12/29  @1308Screeshot 2023/12/29 @1308

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi cas1701

I will contact the team responsible for the vouchers.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Is there any update on this? I know we’ve had Christmas but some info would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Done. I have put my account number in the phone_number box as there isn't one for account number per se, and I don't have a TalkTalk phone as I'm on a data only package.. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi cas1701

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes