cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Switched to plusnet but still being charged by talktalk

SChung
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I switched to plusnet on 17th April 2024 but talktalk still charging me monthly fee and will not close my account.

I have spoken to 6 different talktalk advisors in the past week and all of them insist that there was no contact from plusnet despite receiving an email from talktalk on 5th April saying "We received your request to cancel on 3rd April 2024".

Also if there was no contact from plusnet how was the switch possible?

Furthermore, the email states I will not need to do anything for the switch over, so far I had to do everything to try to resolve this problem.

I have raised a complaint with talktalk and was told I would receive a call back to resolve this issue. So far no call back despite my repeated attempts to get talktalk to call me.

Extremely disappointed with the worst customer services from talktalk.

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi SChung

Sorry for the problems.

Did plusnet give you either a new number or a data only package, this will be why the landline is still active with us, A cease has now been placed to stop this , it is due to cease next week on the 6th.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

@SChung, did you ask Plusnet to keep the phone number as well? Often the switch process glitches if the new provider isn't also taking over the number. 

As Fr8ys says, you MUST phone to cancel with Talktalk, between 9am and 7pm on a weekday, by 6pm on a Saturday. 

If a you or a friend has free mobile calls, that might be a way to avoid call costs. You don't have to be phoning from the number you are calling about as long as you pass all the ID checks.

Chat is not authorised to actually process the cancellation, which is why you are being required to wait for a phone call. 

Forum staff also do NOT have the authority to process cancellations. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 7

It's not free to call talktalk. Last time I called talktalk it took over an hour and I was charged ~£10 for the call hence waiting for talktalk to call me

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

It would be much quicker to phone to resolve this.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Plusnet insist they done everything correctly as switch over is complete.

Talktalk insist they never received cease order despite me having email prove.

Spoke to talktalk via chat many times and still waiting for call back from talktalk to resolve this issue

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

If you requested Plusnet to do the cancellation shouldn't you be speaking to them as they may have dealt with this incorrectly?

To cancel your TalkTalk account you need to phone and speak to the Loyalty Team as cancellations cannot be handled by staff here.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes