cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TLOS (TEMPORARY LOSS OF SERVICE) COMPENSATION

Dondatta
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I had a loss of service (no broadband and no phone) from January 17th to January 22nd. I was told at the time I would be reimbursed for the service lost and that this would be automatic but I received nothing. 

When I asked again I was told I was not eligible as it was a loss of power. 

When I initially asked I was told this was an issue affecting 28 households and told at that time I would feel compensation but now all of a sudden a change. 

Can anyone help with this and let me know then why was I paying for a service that did not work for a week and yet the claim is I cannot be reimbursed?

S. Ahmad
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Dondatta

I can see there is an open complaint about this, but just to confirm the fault was reported 17th

18th - Not applicable

19th - Not applicable

20th - Weekend  - not applicable

21st - Weekend - Not applicable

22nd resolved 

So auto compensation is not applicable in this instance, your complaint manager may offer a gesture of goodwill for the loss of service, you will need to discuss this with them. 

Let us know how it goes. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

The trouble is that they do not include the first weekend, @Dondatta.

Read the details on this link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

That is not inclusive in their "2 working days" but in addition. 

It is definitely worth waiting for a staff response. 

Check out their example for total loss of service in the above link.

Looking at it, they may allocate the 22nd as the resolution day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi

It was the 17th when I notified them. Two days would be then 18th and 19th (of not including the day I noticed the fault) and then that would be 20th and 21st at least as compensation. 

And they told me it was an issue affecting 28 households so it had nothing to do with my equipment and nor did I rearrange any technician coming out. 

But when I contacted them after they said they would pay it automatically they claimed there was a loss of power so they aren't responsible. There was no loss of power, only service. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Dondatta not sure if you do qualify on a time basis by your own dates you were only without service for 2 working days "Once you’ve made us aware of your loss of service, we’ll have two working days to try and fix the problem. After this, we’ll compensate you £9.76 per day starting from the third day until the day we restore your service, providing the fault is within the TalkTalk or Openreach network.

During our investigation, if we determine the cause of the fault is your own equipment or home setup you won’t be eligible for compensation. Additionally, any delays incurred as a result of you not being able to accept our earliest available engineer"

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes