cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Talk Talk charges

Socrates1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5
Last month I cancelled my DD due to TT applying a service cost without my consent, some sort of £5 stealth charge. I then paid by credit card. However on this months bill TT has charged me £12.50 direct debit none payment fee. This is them trying to find a DD from my bank that I had already cancelled!!  I am pretty sure this charge is illegal - its up to customers to cancel DDs as we  see fit provided we settle our bills promptly which I did via credit card payment. Its this sort of malpractice that drives customers crazy. TT apply a stealth cost. We then cancel DD to ensure it doesn't happen. TT then charge us for cancelling DD, then we go down rabbit holes with  and experience serious hassle all for the sake of a few quid. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

HI Socrates1

The only new charge is for the supersafe boost which you had free from March 2022 until September 2023 resulting in a £5 charge since the discount ended, All bills are itemized to show you what the charges are for, if you dont use this boost please log into My Account and cancel it.

Direct debits are requested 3 days before the payment date, so by cancelling the direct debit this caused a rejection which automatically generates a charge, to avoid this in future please setup a new direct debit. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

@Socrates1 ,

Companies normally have to request a DD payment to be taken 3 working days before it comes out of your bank account, so by my reckoning that would have been Thursday 28th December, and the process can't be stopped once it has been started.

I am puzzled as to why you decided to cancel the DD and pay by card instead. If you believe you have been charged for something you shouldn't have been, I don't understand what you though changing your payment method would do to remedy the situation.

Does your bill not explain what this "some sort of £5 stealth charge" is for?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I cancelled the DD on 29/12 and paid the bill by card same day. TT tried to draw the DD on the 3rd/1. That's several days after I had already paid my bill.

Sound like TTs own incompetence given I had already paid the bill.

What TT do after that is irrelevant to the customer as I've done  my bit.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

What was the stealth charge for, @Socrates1?

All the details should be visible in My Account. 

If you cancelled the DD too close to the date of the bill being due to be paid, it would be too late for them to stop the instruction, hence the £12.50.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes