cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Talk talk trying to con pensioners

TrevorEC
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

sorry for the long rant but this is unbelievable

So time to renew, not hearing great so get my daughter to help, after ages as a pensioner they want me to send proof I am a pensioner

they send a form about universal credit?

i phone again with help - get no where so request a complaints call back

comes up for Monday ( text to my phone) nothing - another text saying Tuesday - nothing then - get a text your complaint is complete!!  What no one has called! 

spend the next 2 hours getting through to retentions,  get an offer of £25 per month, they send a contract and I was just about to agree and she mentions the £5 discount is only for 3 months ( hidden terms and conditions that the contract may include a limited time offer! Which is not detailed)

tell her to stop I don’t agree - she hangs up!!

spend another 40 mins getting to retentions to find out the £5 a month she initially offered as for 24 months was overruled by a manager. 

by this time I am out of contract by 1 day so the monthly charges go from £28 a £50! For their incompetence

finally get someone who offers a credit and a reduction for 3 months - but a huge part of this is taken up with the increase in charges for them not calling me back for a week

Over a week of stress, feeling ripped off, hidden contract terms. If I wasn’t worried about a lack of service I would change tomorrow! 

thank goodness my daughter listened to everything as of on my own I would have been conned. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi TrevorEC

Sorry that you had this experience. 

Just to confirm as you renewed 1 day after your invoice was produced and we charge in advance an automatic credit will be added to the next bill for the difference between the new contract and the payment. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes