cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TalkTalk NOT on Ofcoms - social tariffs list of providers

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Just to clarify , the decision has been made and TalkTalk do NOT offer a social tariff. 

Message 2 of 9

@ferguson https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/social-...

Vodafone Fibre 2 essentials accepts PIP as a qualifying benefit - £20 per month for 73Mbits/sec

but I guess that with FTTP being rolled out - things are going to change ?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

@Weevie 

You mention PIP, I am not aware that this is a qualifying benefit for social tariffs, although please let us know if you can find one. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

And as Arne advised under the other thread.....

Please don't be selective in stating what has been said. He answered you further later.

TalkTalk as I understand it, are not obliged to offer this. 

They are helping where they can with the Job Centre initiative and you can phone the loyalty team to discuss your circumstances if you have a need 

Details can be found if you search the knowledge database under help with payments.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 5 of 9

@fr8ys

Because they offer 6 months free via the job centre initiative. You will find details by googling.

But this only covers those on UC

I am not on UC - I am retired and on PIP (Which is not covered by this.....

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

@Gliwmaeden2 

No - what Arne said was "We are still working on the details of the social tariffs at the moment".

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

@Weevie, Arne-Talktalk gave you an explanation about this, not so long ago, here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/social-tariff/td-p/2929013

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Because they offer 6 months free via the job centre initiative. You will find details by googling.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes