cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TalkTalk Threats

Buoyant
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hey, @Arne-TalkTalk 

TalkTalk Customer Service have today 6 March sent me a REMINDER email to pay an outstanding balance on my account and using threatening language.  Full Fibre account number is in my Community Profile in the Phone or Account No box

The threat is make payment "To avoid any further debt recovery and impact on your credit rating, please pay the £19.38 that's outstanding on your account now"

TalkTalk failed to take the February bill on the due date 28 February (1st extraction). TalkTalk apparently unsuspended billing on 22 February and are now due to take the amount by Direct Debit tomorrow 7 March (2nd extraction). 

Please escalate a formal complaint because these unnecessary threatening emails are extremely upsetting. The billing system should know that the Direct Debit is being actioned tomorrow and therefore should suspend all threatening emails and anything that would potentially affect a former customer's credit record. 

I took time to initiate a Live Chat with TalkTalk Customer Service and Billing Department and discussed the Direct Debit from 10.34 onwards on 28 February with Paul from the Billing Department who said "...Thank you for waiting, asper checking that you request to pause your account last 27th of January and unpaused it on the 17th of this month, so that suspension was removed last 22nd of this month that that is the date of your extraction date. Since the system did not extract the money on that date, the system will try to extract money on the second extraction date."

As I said to Paul, I made no request to pause or unpause the account so those are TalkTalk's actions following my request on 15 January for cancellation of the broadband service on 15 February.  Paul assured me on the 2nd extraction for the DD although he said that would be on 29th and he promised no late payment charges. I should have also asked for a promise of NO THREATENING EMAILS.

I'm not happy to have wasted my time on this matter and especially unhappy about the threats of "further debt recovery and impact on my credit rating" when the Direct Debit and funds have always been there for TalkTalk to action.  Someone needs to be held to account for whatever happened on 27 Jan, 17 and 22 Feb and Paul for not setting up the system for the correct late extraction date.

Buoyant Any views expressed are mine.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

TalkTalk clearly isn't going to improve its processes if you're not prepared to make an internal complaint.  You played football so kicking the ball into your own net is an easy gain for the opposition.

Look, it's the TalkTalk process that suspended billing and therefore failed to take the February bill by direct debit on the first due date. So the account gets marked as overdue because of TalkTalk's internal failure. 

Then TalkTalk chooses to reissue the February bill and set a new date of 7 March for the direct debit.

But despite this new date to correct TalkTalk's own collection failure TalkTalk threatens debt collection and credit record impairment if I don't pay up the day before the direct debit is due to be taken. We both know that the direct debit is set up 3 days before this so on 4 March or earlier the system would have requested the direct debit. And yet an automated, you say, threatening email gets sent out on 6 March.

So what I'm saying is that the system processes should know that TalkTalk itself has failed to collect the direct debit on the first extraction date, has reissued the bill and set a new second extraction date and therefore should have suspended the threatening email. 

eero 6  and 2 older TT routers returnedeero 6 and 2 older TT routers returned

Here's the Royal Mail tracking screenshot for the return of the eero 6 router, and older DSL3782 and HG633 routers that I'll never use again. I haven't yet received any email acknowledgement of the return being scanned in to the warehouse. I'll give it to the end of March which is when I should have received the final zero bill. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Buoyant

The bill is paid and account disconnected, for clarity the automated email was triggered as there were 2 invoices produced 17th Feb, and then again on the 28th Feb that were not paid until 7th March. 

I'm not sure what would be the aim of a complaint?  

The complaint process can be found at the bottom of the page if you wish to follow it. 

Regards.

0 Likes

Buoyant
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Payment due and paid by DD on 7Mar : Overdue according to TalkTalk threatsPayment due and paid by DD on 7Mar : Overdue according to TalkTalk threats

Another reason for the My Account and Billing process at TalkTalk being re-coded. This now ex-customer is still being told that payment is overdue and asking for an online card payment despite the DD being scheduled for 7 March and paid on 7 March. 

These disagreeable threats and overdue flags are not called for and should never have happened. 

0 Likes