cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TalkTalk is nothing but incompetent

IncompetentTT
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

OK here is my thing.
I was told at the start of the month that I needed to move into full time care on 15th April due to my illness, Mobility and Mental health issues.
So It was all planned for me to be disconnected on the 9th, Low and behold an agent cancelled the cancellation date so I had to spend hours again on the phone to rectify this.
I eventually got through again and was assured there will be no more bills or early termination fees due to my circumstances.
Re-scheduled for 13th to be disconnected.
Still was not on 13th but was told it would be today the 15th. I am not living in the house anymore.
Yet an agent phoned me before and said it was not cancelled today even though the broadband was turned off and said it will take a further 7 days.
This has to be a joke surely.
I am paid up until the 17th and now after I have had to cancel my direct debit as I will not have the bank account or be using TalkTalk anymore.
They want it to exceed the 17th so I owe another month is what I suspect.
I have raised a complaint as this is driving me around the twist and I am not strong enough to deal with all this incompetent behavior by talktalk.
What a Joke, I need this sorted as my mental health is been effected by all this rubbish.
Any Ideas how to make them understand its their fault the account is still active and not mine.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

That bill wasn't for your broadband service it was for a Netflix subscription which is being billed through your old TalkTalk account 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

If that was only True and Correct.
Today I get a bill.
See what I mean about Incompetent.
My wife paid it although I did not want her too as we were told we owed nothing .
Never again.
Tell you what this whole scenario is unbelievable.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi IncompetentTT

Sorry you are unhappy. 

Just to confirm your account is cancelled as of 15th April there are no outstanding balances. 

Your final zero balance bill will be issued in a few days.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

It needs staff to look at this, @IncompetentTT. I am just another customer. 

Take care, and look out for their response during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

I am not really up to this hassle right now I am not well.
Its worry I do not need and I have gave TalkTalk plenty notice if you read my account notes and listen to recorded calls.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Staff will be back on here during the day, @IncompetentTT.

I'll flag this up for attention. 

IncompetentTT
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

I was told because I was moving into a home I did not need to give 30 days notice.
I am not bothered about refunds as I have had to close the bank account due to moving into the home and become a shared account holder on my wife bank account.
I have the equipment bagged up. My daughter will bring me the returns bag when it arrives.
She has 14 days to clear the house after me leaving as I have now.

All this has been discussed many times to talktalk , All calls were recorded, I want them to listen to all the calls then.
This is tipping me over the edge.
I will have to tell my carers and medical team.
If this is not sorted I will be contacting the Press and see if they will publish my story to warn others.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

This does sound distressing, @IncompetentTT. Did you give Talktalk 30 days' notice?

I'll move this to the billing section. 

It's better to keep the direct debit in place until this is fully sorted. If they owe you any money back you need to reclaim it via My Account using the same details. 

Also remember to return any equipment they require back and keep a certificate of posting to record the fact.

0 Likes