cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Talktalk is a SCAM

1grubbert4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

These scammers are still at it.
Took a contract with them for £37.95 p/m
Charged random amount in excess of £40 for 3 months
Cancelled my direct debit and complained.
Complaint closed without any attempt at resolution - no call-back despite being offered one.
Complained again a month later - chat agents are liars and conmen - so I told them where to go.
Eventually got a call back, admitting all the wrongdoing and offering me compensation, as well as a promise that my bills would be correct moving forward.
Next bill = £60 - what a shower of scum scammers they are!
There countless other examples of this with other customers - it's clearly their business practice to scam as many people as possible.

Viva Sky Broadband

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

@1grubbert4 ,

I'm afraid I don't agree with your topic title that "TalkTalk is a Scam". I have been a customer of TalkTalk for a number of years now, since they inherited me from Tiscali. I pay them an agreed sum of money each month and in return they supply me with an internet service - I wouldn't describe that situation as a Scam.

I think a more correct interpretation would be that you have had problems with your account, and it also took longer than it should have to fix those problems, but that doesn't mean that the whole company is a "scam".

Errors happen unfortunately (with all companies) and you will see several customers posting on here (and possibly social media, review sites etc) with various account and service related issues, but that is kind of the nature of these type of forums. They give a false impression of the scale/proportion of faults/issues since the millions of customers who are happily not suffering any problems don't feel the need to post online telling everyone that everything is fine.

It is a shame that the chat and phone customer service agents were unable to resolve your issues. I agree from personal experience that the quality of support in those respects can often be poor (and has been for some time) and TalkTalk need to work on improving that.

The quality of support from staff on this forum is usually much better and it is therefore also a shame that having posted in this forum with your problems, you then refused to allow the staff on here to attempt to help you.

It's good to see that a complains manager eventually got things sorted out for you.

I wouldn't advise people to immediately cancel their Direct Debit after encountering a billing problem.

While this does stop a company taking more money from your bank account in the short term, you could end up making thinks tougher for yourself in the long term.

The exception would be if you think you have been the victim of an actual scam as opposed to a billing error from a company you actually have an account/contract with.

I would also advise people when dealing with customer service agents (from any company) about a problem, they are probably more likely to feel motivated to do their utmost to help you if you refrain from calling them a shower of scum scammers.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Glad you have a resolution. My advice would be to anyone posting on here is that when the support team offer to help then let them do so. 

1grubbert4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

My advice to anyone experiencing issues like this is to not engage the chat team with details. Instead the following has worked:
-go on chat, lodge a complaint and demand a call back from the complaints team
-if you are being overcharged - cancel your direct debit immediately (they might try to charge you for a failed direct debit, but if the mistake is theirs then they will remove any such charge)
- use X/twitter to expose the poor service (you will be asked to message them directly with details - again demand a callback)

0 Likes

1grubbert4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

This has been resolved today via the complaints manager who initially tried to resolve the issue - Arnold.
All credit to Arnold, he looked at the situation, could see the obvious, and has made a goodwill gesture to resolve the issue. He went a step further by suggesting that he will pick up with the chat agents and other customer services who misinformed (I say 'lied') me when initially raising the complaint. We will check back in 6 weeks to see if the bill is correct then, but for now I am satisfied that Arnold has put this to bed. I'm sure he's wondering why it had to go so long and so far before someone took a look and fixed it!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Just put it all in this thread only.

Nobody is trying to hide anything. 

There's no point you posting on and on about this while no staff have a chance to reply. 

It's not real time response like Chat / phone support. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Shame on you - trying to hide TalkTalks scams. I am spamming nothing - I am sharing my atrocious experiences of TalkTalk with the community - that is a service to us as a customer base. You are trying to cover this up for what gain?

I made a post about TalkTalk's Netflix scam - this was removed - they are trying to hide it from the community.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Please don't address your fellow customers like that! You are not helping yourself, and I have nothing to do with how Talktalk bills you.

You are currently spamming the forum with other threads, which will be moved out of the way. Staff can still review these and reinstate them if need be, but you must follow up for now on just this thread, @1grubbert4.

0 Likes

1grubbert4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Terrible-experience/td-p/2911996

Why waste my time again? You just put people on a merry go round and make no progress! That's why you are the worst in the country!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

@1grubbert4, you need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account and see what is going on. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu....Personal Information: add your Talktalk landline number/ account number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will be back from Monday to follow up, if you have taken that step. 

0 Likes

1grubbert4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

There's a reason that they make you have a separate login for the community support, it's all hoops and hurdles to exhaust us into stopping complaining about their corrupt business practices!

0 Likes

1grubbert4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I don't see how your suggestions make any difference.
You have lied to me and you have stolen from me.
I have already reported it numerous times to all channels.
TalkTalk have already admitted they got it wrong.
The next person I spoke to denied what the last person said.
You are thieves, and crooks, and liars, shame on you

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi 1grubbert4

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes