cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Technical Error while trying to register for 'My Account'

greenbhoy
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi
I hope someone can help. I've been going round in circles for weeks. Currently when I try to register for 'my account' it always ends up with a Technical Error splash. This is the same on mobile, on chrome, on Edge, on Mozilla, on Edge and on an incognito browser. I've tried everything customer support have suggested.

I was a broadband customer years ago then cancelled the service, but support say that my email is no longer associated with my old account and can be re-used.

Also I can only sign up for 'my account' using the emai l used to order the new Full fibre service. CS have even sent a link by trying to register the account for me, but that still ends up with the same journey/error.

I ressurected this support account using the required email, so there must be a link somewhere to my old account....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as currently I can do no account management.

tech errortech error

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont...
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

So this could be the details we have on your account dont match what you are entering ie Date of birth. I will PM you some questions.

Message 2 of 14

HI @Arne-TalkTalk exact same technical error message again when I tried again a minute ago 😞

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont...
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi @greenbhoy

My mistake the account in your profile is correct, but there was an account number ending 683 that was registered previously which has been de-registered.  

Can you try again. 

0 Likes

greenbhoy
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk I've only been given the account number in my profile. I was offered a price match deal when I joined, so have gone from a 500Mbps service to a 900Mbps service recently, but the email I got to say that had that (presumably old) account number in it. My 'first bill' email also stated the number I have used in my profile.

Can you advise me of my new number please?

Many thanks, Tony

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi @greenbhoy

The problem has been cleared, but are you using your new account number, (not the one in your profile) ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 , I appreciate the response, yeah understood on Bank holiday - just putting it out there asking for help again 😉 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Most staff are still away for the Bank Holiday, @greenbhoy. I'll make sure that this is re-escalated for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk I take it this did not happen? You did not get back to me, and I still cannot register. I did however get an email from a complaint handler at Talk Talk customer services, saying he understrood my issue but did not know how to fix it, and wished me good luck (!)

He suggested the regisitration servers 'may' have been offline (for the many times I tried?) and that I should tray again or talk to customer services (again).

Any idea what is happening? It's getting a bit comical now with the amount of people whio have tried to help, and you seem the only person willing to 'own' the issue.

Please advise, thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

HI greenbhoy

Yes its a mismatch in our backend servers that needs clearing. 

It should be fixed at some point next week.

Message 10 of 14

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk Thanks for this. Is this fixable do you think? I take it this is a known bug and has a known solution?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi @greenbhoy

Thanks for updating your profile. 

The escalation comes into our team, so I will pick it up and escalate it. 

Once completed I will post back. 

greenbhoy
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk, thanks; I have updated my Account number in my profile, my name is already there and I have no talk talk number as I'm fibre only.
I'm a bit concerned as I've been trying to get this sorted since I ordered my fibre install. I've been through quite a few (different) tech support agents and each tell me it's a simple fix but it's always the same journey/tech error. It has gone from:
try this link (done 30/40 times now)
I'll register for you try again
you're half registered, try this link
try this password reset link
Try this new customer registration link
wait 24 hrs
wait 48 hours
Now it's gone to wait until escalation happens on the 26th May!
I seem to have a refrence of ET-351461, not sure that's the CS klink, the escalation link, this community reference. perhaps you can advise?
I'm getting to the stage where I think I'll possibly invoke my cancellation rights if this is not going to work  as not being able to manage my account is a biggy for me.

Any help would be gratefully received, many thanks! Also I don't want to stop anything that's moving in the right direction for this to work, but not being able to register? It can't be that complex to fix surely?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @greenbhoy 

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes