cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unexpected charge for Openreach engineer Visit.

m0pnn
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi

As above

The engineer re-did a couple of connections to the master socket he thought were not good outside and that fixed the problem. Why was I charged this fault is beyond my control on BTs side of the master socket connection. Nothing to do with my equipment I am very disappointed that it was not made clear that Talktalk now consider any fault inside the customer's boundary chargeable to the customer even if it's general wear and tear on the BTopenreach line. 

From Support 

You've mention earlier that the fault was found outside your promise, as well?
I mean the premise*
Rhea - 15:38
Yes the engineer re did a couple of connections to the master socket he thought were not good and that fixed the problem.
Paul Bowen - 15:39
I see. Thanks for that, Paul. However, in regards with the engineer's details here in our system, the fault was located inside the premise, Paul. Hence, the charge of the engineer's visit.
For the repair, it is just for the engineer's to fix what is out of place in regards with the master socket.
Also, customers repair to the line within their curtilage. This includes the inside of the house and the garden/drive area of the premises.
The curtilage is an important legal term to define the land immediately surrounding a house or dwelling, including any closely associated buildings and structures, but excluding any associated 'open fields beyond'.

It defines the boundary within which a homeowner can have a reasonable expectation of privacy and where 'intimate home activities' take place.
Based on the engineer's notes states that, " There was a fault within the end customer's curtilage caused by general wear and tear. " That is why the engineer's visit and charge is valid.
Rhea - 15:46
Ok thanks for that
Paul Bowen - 15:46
No need to thank you, Paul. I must say, thank you for the opportunity today. Your satisfaction is our first priority. Have I answered all your queries? Or Do you need assistance with anything else?
Rhea - 15:47
no i`m good thanks 🙂

Not Happy 

Paul

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

m0pnn
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi 

any update to this 🙂

Cheers

Paul 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi @m0pnn 

The charges will be reversed, you will be able to request a refund via My Account in the next 24 hours 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi @m0pnn 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi @m0pnn can't say I blame you either. Quote from tt info below

"We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service or the fault was found to be related to a condition in your property or garden. Any faults related to your main phone socket may also incur a charge, as will issues caused by any personal devices connected to your line. You won’t be charged for faults caused by Openreach equipment"

The link is https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

This one crept under my radar, I'm wondering if I'm the only one. 

Good luck. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.