cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Why are you tryig to bill me after leaving?

Boudista
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I left your telephone/broadband service yesterday 23/2/2023 and received a bill on the same day for 23/2/2023 to 22/3/2023. Why have you sent me that?

I can't get through to you on the telephone - keep getting cut off, and no response on the chat. How do I even get in contact with you to sort this out?

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

HI Boudista

The balance has been cleared,  they will be one more zero balance bill produced next month.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for explaining this. 

It seemed odd (to say the least) to get a bill for another full month on the day I transferred to another supplier, and it seems a convoluted way of going about presenting a final bill. I should have just been presented with a bill for the extra days without having to mess around looking (and no doubt waiting) for a refund.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

This month's bill covers the full month, as there is no certainty exactly when the line will actually be taken over by the new provider, @Boudista. And sometimes people change their mind and stay at the last minute. 

The NEXT bill should refund you for all the unused days.

Full price would be charged from the day after your contract ended. You will end up paying for a few days therefore at the new price, and you can claim the refund back via My Account,  when it's been applied.

If you changed supplier within the last 30 days of your contract, what is puzzling is that there should be any "contract breakage fee".

The only contract you are "breaking" at this point is the "rolling monthly" contract, so staff will look into exactly what was meant by their terminology. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

My service has been taken over by another provider as of the 23rd. My 18 Month contract ended on my normal billing date of the 17th and I have received notice from Talktalk of a small Contract Breakage fee.

I will look forward to discussing it with the billing people.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Did you cancel your service with 30 days' notice or has it been taken over by another provider, @Boudista?

If your contract simply ended, it will roll over unless you did either of the above. Were you given confirmation of the cancellation?

It's unusual for the end date to coincide exactly with the billing date and Talktalk always bills a month ahead, so even when cancellation goes through correctly, it can take a month to get a bill refunding the unused days, and another month to get a bill for zero. 

Staff will not be back before Monday now. Please ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes