cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

bad bad customer and technical service

simon1688
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Where do I start? My internet was down for 3 days ! On Saturday it went down so I tried to get help on Sunday wasted hours trying to get in contact only to be told they were doing maintenance on their systems when I finally spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about they said the technical fibre team do not work on Sundays !! So I called them on Monday morning and was on the phone with them for 1.5 hours and they couldn't fix the problem and arranged for an engineer to visit. I was desperate as I need internet for work and work over the weekends so I swapped the router with an old one I had and it fixed it !!. I FIXED IT MYSELF. Spoke to Raian on the live chat to get a new router sent out which they agreed but they sent me a booster not a router !!!!! When my contract ends I will be changing providers I have wasted so much time on live chat and on the phone with TalkTalk.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

HI simon1688

I will move this thread into our Billing section so my colleague @Arne-TalkTalk can take a look and advise on the contract end date.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

In regards to auto compensation they booked an engineer out for me but I cancelled it as I fixed the problem myself by replacing with an old router.

Can you tell me when my contract end date as I have been getting emails of new start date which I know nothing about.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi simon1688

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

In regards to auto compensation, this would only be applied for a total loss of service if there was a fault on the line and if this was raised to Openreach to repair.

You can keep the boosters for the issues you did experience.

Thanks

0 Likes

simon1688
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I wouldn't mind keeping the booster for the inconvenience caused and 3 days loss of work. Please send me router asap.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience. We can send a replacement router out for you and also a returns bag for the booster, would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes