cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

billing occuring after service has been moved to a different provider

AiurOscar
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I switched to another open reach provider, and after the move had happened was receiving bills from talk talk. After speaking over the phone they assured me it was automated and I didn't need to pay.

Now a subsequent late admin fee has been applied to my account, and after looking online it seems like standard practice from talk talk with MANY disgruntled ex customers.

What is going on here? Surely this isn't legal? My contract expired over a year ago and they're asking for payment for months which the talk talk line isn't even active? And then charging admin / late fees on top??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi AiurOscar

The bill was generated as an admin fee was automatically added after the bill was cleared,  this has now been cleared the account is fully disconnected and you final zero balance bill will be issued at the end of this month. 

Sorry for any confusion.

Message 2 of 5

@AiurOscar 

I have moved this to the Billing section. Make sure that your personal details including the old TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

AiurOscar
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Yeah service continued after the contract expiry (no issue with that), but then I switched to a different provider through a comparison site, and after the switch had completed talk talk are still trying to bill me for the month after the switch happened (i.e whilst I'm no longer getting any service provided by talk talk)

After repeated phone calls they said that they put a note on my account that the payment wasn't required and that it had all been resolved. Fast forward to today and I've received a missed payment admin fee that has been put on my account instead, even though the bill has been reversed.

Genuinely seems like their internal systems don't work properly and are punishing ex customers for their own incompetence.

I'm sick of talking to these people over the phone as I have no idea if they're actually doing what they say they are as they never provide evidence, I just want to never hear from this company again and I don't know how to make that happen.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

It won't have anything to do with the expiry of the contract, @AiurOscar.

After the contract ends the service would normally continue on a monthly basis, at full price, as your discounts would have expired.

Did you ask the new company to keep your old phone number?

If it wasn't a straightforward switch, you would need to have informed Talktalk yourself by phoning up.

Further details about the cancellations process here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes