cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

"We can't reach you by email. Update your email address now to avoid a charge for paper billing"

DBStirling
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I've received a letter from TalkTalk with above message.

I've checked my e-mails and the last bill I received was on 17/02/2023

Mobile bill is coming through OK.

The letter suggests contacting my email provider.  The provider is TalkTalk and the e-mail address is my talktalk.net address.

I can log into webmail with no problems and Thunderbird is also able to connect to the account and download any e-mails that I or anyone else sends to it.  It seems to be just e-mails from the TalkTalk billing service that aren't getting to me.  

Therefore, I can only conclude that the problem is with TalkTalk.

Looking to see if other people have had similar problems, I tried to follow advice I found, such as trying to change my billing e-mail address to something else, but the system doesn't appear to allow me to do so - I can get so far and then it fails, regardless of what e-mail address I try to change it to.  eg. a gmail.com one.  I only use the talktalk.net e-mail address to receive my bills, so am not particularly attached to it and don't mind if it has to be changed to be something else.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

David

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

DBStirling
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

This months bill arrived OK by e-mail, so whatever the problem was seems to have been resolved.

David

DBStirling
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Hi Arne
Apologies for the delay.  I thought I had replied to you, but can't find any record of it.

When I go to Manage TalkTalk Mail, I click "Add Mailbox".

Whether I select Create new mailbox or Add existing mailbox, it only allows me to add a talktalk.net address, or one from a list of ISPs (presumably ones TalkTalk own), but not gmail.

If I go to My Account Details and select Login Details, I select Change e-mail address.

If I enter a gmail address, it reports "We've identified a TalkTalk email address" and asks me to change the password.  It then says "This email address doesn't exist in your TalkTalk Mailbox.  Either go back and review the email address or visit your TalkTalk Mailbox."

As I said, my mobile bill comes through OK, so I assume the problem lies with TalkTalk's main billing system.

Thanks

David

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Do you get this message when you go to "Your mail boxs" under manage email?  if you add your new 3rd party address to that section you will be able to make the change.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

No worries, hope you get it sorted. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for trying to help.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

OK, a bit more convoluted than I imagined! Hopefully the support team here can guide you through this, but bear in mind that they won't be back online until after the extended weekend.

DBStirling
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for getting back to me.

It does look like it should be easy...

However, when I try to change the e-mail address to a brand new gmail one, I get:

"We’ve identified a TalkTalk email address

Updating your My Account login to this email address will automatically update your My Account password to the email address’ current password.

We recommend checking your email address’ password before saving changes."

You’re changing to a non TalkTalk email address

Updating your My Account login to this email address means you’ll also need to update your password for security reasons."

When I try to Save Changes, I get 

"This email address doesn’t exist in your TalkTalk Mailbox. Either go back and review the email address or visit your TalkTalk Mailbox" 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

This is a common issue, but I do not understand why you have not been able to change the email address in My Account? You should be able to do so quite easily here:

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/accountdetails/login-details

0 Likes