cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

recycling router

Fiona2023
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hello, 

When I cancelled my account TalkTalk said they would send a pre paid shipping bag to send back the router, otherwise I would be charger 50£. The bag has not arrived yet and I am moving. I am reading on the Q&A there is also an option to recycle my router, I would like to do this instead of sending it back in the package is this okay? I do not want to be charged 50£. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Arne, 

Apologies for this inconvenience however I have already moved and it is out of the UK. When I cancelled my account a TalkTalk customer service agent said the pre paid shipping bag would arrive in 3-5 days however I completely understand the challenges and variability of mail delivery and it did not arrive in that time. As I have already moved, I would be happy to recycle as I completly understand and appriciate the effort to reduce and recycle electronic waste. As well sending an additional bag may contribute to greater environmetal imapact. May this recycling be documented on my account? 

Let me know if this is possible. I appriciate your customer service and time!

Fiona 

Message 3 of 7

Again we would prefer to take it back as it can be refurbished.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Arne, 

I would really prefer to recycle myself, can you please make note of this change on my account? 

Thank you

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Fiona2023

We would prefer if you send it back, I will order a new bag have you already moved out?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Staff can ensure that a bag is sent to the new address, @Fiona2023, in which case, add it in your profile information in Private Notes, at the end of Personal Information. You need to go via your avatar/name; settings.  SAVE CHANGES. 

If you opt for local recycling, it also needs to be recorded by staff here, and if a charge is automatically generated it can then be cancelled. 

If you do send a router back, keep evidence of the certificate of posting with the tracker number on it. Sometimes the process of recording the returns has been chaotic, I'm afraid. 

Staff will be back after the weekend. 

I'll move this to the billing section as it's an account issue.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes