cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

voucher not materialising

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

In January I was upgraded to Full Fibre with Digital Voice and I was promised a £25 voucher after 45 days but nothing has arrived in my Inbox. As instructed by the small print I have made contact with Giftcloud but I have got nowhere - they have an "unusually  high volume of mail" - could that be from other customers also asking why they don't have their vouchers?

Silvergirl
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

A_R_Moore
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 19

I recommended a friend to open an account with TalkTalk, which in due course it was and the required period and payment of the first bill paid by the new customer met.  On the 1/4/2024 I received an email from TalkTalk stating to expect the promised £50 voucher, for the recommendation, from Giftcloud and to contact Giftcloud if the voucher did not materialise within 10 days. I did not and they were contacted and a dialogue opened.

Apparently they have not received the authorisation from TalkTalk to issue this and are still waiting for it 2 days after I received the email from TalkTalk.
If TalkTalk wishes for existing customers to recommend their services they really ought to ensure the promised reward for doing so is forthcoming without any problems. I would like for this issue to be resolved as soon as possible.

Cloud Watcher
0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

It opened up a picture of an Amazon gift card with the option to download it or redeem it. I opted to download it while I chose what I wanted to purchase.

Silvergirl
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi silvergirl

When you clicked on the link I sent you,  did it let you request the code via Email or SMS ? 

0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Thanks. Hopefully someone will help me soon.

Silvergirl
0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

There will be a bit of a wait, @silvergirl, as staff are not on here at weekends. 

Very occasionally there have been faulty vouchers. 

But be very careful to follow the correct redemption steps with Amazon nevertheless. 

Look out for a staff response during the week. The rest of us are not qualified to sort this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

Thank you for replying but I hope someone will be able help me. I know how it should work but the point is Amazon would not let me add it to my account because they say it has already been redeemed - but not by me!

Silvergirl
0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Those vouchers do need to be put in the gift voucher bit of Amazon first, @silvergirl, and then when you are paying for something and choose to use it, the appropriate amount is applied.

You can even buy something more expensive, use the whole voucher up and pay the remainder from your usual card. The important thing is to have it processed in Amazon's gift voucher area first.

Staff will be back after the weekend to advise further. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

Unfortunately I am now having problems with the voucher. I chose what I wanted to buy and went to my Amazon basket and entered the voucher code but nothing happened. I tried using the link to Amazon from the instructions that came with the voucher but it said it couldn't go to that page in Amazon. I then tried going to the gift voucher section in my Amazon account and adding the code there but all I got was a message to say that the voucher had already been redeemed! As per the message I contacted Amazon Customer Services  and the person I spoke to tried to add it but had the same result and she told me to contact you because she can not tell when it was redeemed or what was purchased with it. Please can you help?

Silvergirl
0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 19

Many thanks

Silvergirl
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

Hi @Laulouhend 

Do you have your own thread for this? If not, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Laulouhend
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

Hi I am the same, I had it installed 9 Feb and not received anything in junk mail. Contacted gift cloud and that has got me no where and gone cold... Can you advise? 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi silvergirl

Quick update  we are just waiting for the new batch to be given to us, as soon as we have them I will let you know.

0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Thank you. I will wait with bated breath!

Silvergirl
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 19

Hi silvergirl

I have escalated this for you. 

Keep an eye on your spam/junk mail folders next week.

0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Thank you Keith 

Silvergirl
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

Hi @silvergirl 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes