cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

2.4 Ghz has stopped working on Sagemcom Fast Router

wskinner1976
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

My router has been working perfectly ok til about a month ago. Now my devices can no longer connect to the 2.4Ghz band, and I have had to resort to piggybacking an old router I got ages ago to enable all of my smart devices again. Can someone please tell me if there is a fix or if my router is faulty. Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi wskinner1976

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Cool, just wait for the staff here to respond next week, once they have done this your router should stay on whatever channel you manually set it to.

Message 3 of 10

TalkTalk staff please can you disable the Wifi Optimisation feature on my router 

Message 4 of 10

I would like staff to disable the Wi-Fi Optimisation on my router.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Yep, just post back here to confirm that you would like the staff to disable Wi-Fi Optimisation, and they will be able to do that for you early next week.

Message 6 of 10

i did notice the channel change, so it must be that

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

When you changed the 2.4GHz channel on the Sagemcom did it remain on that channel or did it automatically switch back to a different channel again after a period of time ?

The Sagemcom router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the staff to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

Message 8 of 10

My devices cannot connect to the network, although they can see it.. I have changed the channel that they are on, and that worked for about a day, then it stopped working again. The router was showing as working and enabled. I renamed the networks to distinguish between 2.4 and 5, but that made no difference. 

All of the wired devices and the 5Ghz connections work fine. It's just the 2.4Ghz that has the problem

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @wskinner1976,

Can your devices actually see your 2.4GHz network name for them to attempt to connect to ?.

What error / issue do you have when trying to connect ?

If you log into your router does it say that the Wi-Fi is enabled and working ?

Are wired devices, or devices using the 5GHz Wi-Fi working as normal ?

0 Likes