cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

8 unidentified devices on account page

zotzzotz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

when i log into my account and go to the speed test page i run a speed test then i click speed to devices and i can see 8 devices on this page that are not my devices, these 8 devices do not show on my router and talktalk technical team are useless and they cannot see these 8 devices , i need help urgently

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi lesley,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

This .... although not funny .... has really made me laugh

I have exactly the same convo with TT every few months but all to no avail ... not once has the issue been resolved !!!

Ridiculous

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi zotzzotz

Our Devices Team have advised that they have found an issue on our platform, and are looking into fixing it.

This should be resolved by the end of today.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi zotzzotz

Sorry for the delay.

I should hopefully have further updates on this from the team later today.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi zotzzotz

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've raised this to our devices team and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi zotzzotz

Thanks for confirming your details.

I need our devices team to take a look at this for me. Is the router switched off at the moment?

I can see 3 devices that have been connected.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi zotzzotz

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can take a look at this.

Thanks

0 Likes

zotzzotz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 15

you dont seem to be reading my post properly, these devices are currently fully active and they are not inactive devices belonging to anyone that has visited my home, my wife and i are in our 70s and have no family in scotland which is where we live and we have not had any visitors to our home since we moved here 4 years ago, the devices are currently active as described and are completely UNAUTHORISED

CANT YOU ACCESS MY ACCOUNT AND SEE THESE DEVICES AND REMOVE THEM

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi zotzzotz

Could any of these devices have been added in the past by friends etc?

0 Likes

zotzzotz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 15

thank you for your reply, I have changed password etc even had openreach engineer out yesterday and I showed him my account and the devices and he said he has no idea what they are or how to remove them from my talktalk account page. these devices are currently active in my talktalk speed test page then I click speed to devices and that is where these devices are, THEY ARE NOT ON MY ROUTER .
   PIXEL-7-PRO ( 2 of these devices )

GALAXY NOTE9 ( 2 of these devices)

ANDROID B242E58CD81DE180

CE:FO:3D:F7:F1:AE

WVCA76JB6LOGU7JI

40:B4:CD:49:6D:00

l really need help because talktalk complaints team manager and talktalk technical team manager do not listen to me about this problem and they just go round and round in circles for uo to 2 hours at a time when i chat or call them
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Hi zotzzotz

Did you try changing the wireless password and then reconnecting your devices only?

What other devices are showing?

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

Ok.
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

i have 3 devices on my router and given them a name, changed my wifi and router passwords also got a replacement router , the 8 devices are not on my router they are in my talktalk account page

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

If you can't identify these items, change your wifi password to the router and then connect each device you know of one at a time and assign them a name. 

If there are unauthorised devices, they won't be able to connect.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes