cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Availability of IPv6 on TalkTalk

Routerdog
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Hi,

I have seen some older posts enquiring about the availability of IPv6 on TalkTalk but I couldn't find a clear answer so wanted to ask for an update. 

Also my TT router/modem is a Sagemcom-FAST5364 3.00, Software Version SG4K100136 and does not appear to have any IPv6 menu items however "IP Version" within "Device Info" is listed as IPv4/IPv6. Is/will a firmware upgrade required to enable IPv6 capabilities?

Regards,

RD

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Complete and utter crap. Eero routers already have the capability. It’s TalkTalk doesn’t use ipv6.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Go to another provider, they won’t give you an IPv6 address. Customer service is terrible. BT give you an iPV6 address and it’s cheaper than TalkTalk at the moment £49 for full fibre 900. TalkTalk is £56 for the same thing and BT have excellent customer service! Worst thing I ever done was leaving BT for TalkTalk.

Take my advice !!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Talk Talk have been promising this for a long long time now. I’ve been asking for an iPV6 address for just as long to the point that ive just gave up now. iPV4 is outdated. All or most other providers are using 6. BT uses 6, I was told when I left BT that you would give me exactly the same as BT but this was not the case!!! 

Anyone reading this and thinking of switching to TalkTalk… take my advice… DONT DO IT!!! Their customer service is woeful at best! Their customer service staff don’t have the knowledge, they sit behind a computer and their systems suggest how to resolve the problem. I spent hours and hours for weeks on end trying to sort this and the CS team didn’t even know what iPV6 or 4 was!! I have the eero pro 6 router which is iPV6, TalkTalk supplied me with this router and yet they’re not letting you use it to its full capability. IPV6 is a faster, better, more secure address. 

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME 

Go to BT or any other provider instead

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hello,

Apologies, we have no further updates on this at present.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

RobiLight
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 24

Any news about IPv6 addresses ? I'm using Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro router, should I look for specific firmware ? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Morning,

Not that I'm aware of but if anything changes then we'll post back here with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 7 of 24

Understood. Any ETA or a guinea-pig early access list I could sign up to please?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Morning,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We’re continuing to build IPv6 into our equipment, network and systems.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hello,

Apologies, still no further news as yet.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Thanks for the update Michelle I appreciate the time and efforts on this.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hello,

Apologies, no additional update as yet. I will continue to chase this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Morning,

I was on leave last week so I will check if there have been any further updates on this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Morning,

No problem, we'll post as soon as we know more. Again, apologies for the delay.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Thank you Michelle, that is great news!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hello,

I've been advised that we should hopefully have an update later this week.

Thanks

Message 16 of 24

Good morning,

Apologies for the delay. I've escalated this again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Morning,

No update as yet so I will continue to chase this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hello,

No problem. It will most likely be next week before I have more information and hopefully an update. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

No worries. Thanks for even taking time on my comment. Appreciate it!

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Morning,

Just a quick update to advise that I've not forgotten your post. I'm still chasing this for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes