cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Availability of IPv6 on TalkTalk

Routerdog
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Hi,

I have seen some older posts enquiring about the availability of IPv6 on TalkTalk but I couldn't find a clear answer so wanted to ask for an update. 

Also my TT router/modem is a Sagemcom-FAST5364 3.00, Software Version SG4K100136 and does not appear to have any IPv6 menu items however "IP Version" within "Device Info" is listed as IPv4/IPv6. Is/will a firmware upgrade required to enable IPv6 capabilities?

Regards,

RD

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've asked the team for an update and we will post back as soon as we know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

ImTheReal
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

Hi all,

I don't want to open new topic to ask about the latest status of IPv6 in talktalk for Fibre65 customers.

I'm confused with the reply. How is it possible to say IPv6 supported across your network whilst not available to all your customers?

It's either supported&available to all or not supported at all no? That reply does sounds like there are few privileged ones who benefit from it and the rest... wait forever?!

My modem is DrayTek Vigor167 with firmware v5.2.2.

v6 fully supported by the device and its firmware, still can't see nor can make work v6 address on wan.

Tried both router and modem mode. Also tried with my old modem BT Business Hub5. Both mode, both failed. -.-'

I'm so embarrassed that I need to rely on HE tunnel broker to be able to access my VPS because my provider in a western, modern, one of the top 10 world leading country doesn't provide v6 address to customers.

C'mon guys. Any update and timeline on this please?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi

Whilst IPv6 is supported across our network, you will not be issued an IPv6 address at the moment and cannot force the use of IPv6 via your router.

There is a later firmware rolling out currently throughout November so expect to see your router update to V158 at some point.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes