cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

BROADBAND NOT WORKING AFTER MOVING

Maciej3
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

A month ago I moved to a new place. I did everything necessary to have my internet line transferred from the old place to the new one. Somehow something was not working so I had to call customer service 16th of August. The person on the phone asked me many questions to understand where is the issue was coming from and at the end told me : " I am not able to help, we need to book an appointment with an engineer" .

Saturday the 27th of August, the engineer comes, does he checks and tell me that he found 2 faults; 1 the cable is not plugged properly (has to do with outside plugs= I can't do it only someone from talktalk can) 2- my line has been disconnected so needs to be reconnected. He told me that he will send his report and someone from talk talk will get back to me to set up another meeting. Since today nothing. I tried to contact the help desk and the agent made me do (once again) everything that I did with the first agent. Because it is passed 9 pm the agent is gone, the problem is still not solved.

If you sent someone who did a "report", how come I had to redo everything like no one knew about my problem ? How come no one from your service had the information. Such a lack of communication. It is not easy for us as customer to understand what to do so if you don't follow up properly the job done for each of your accounts no wonder we end up with no solutions.  

ps: I am only talking about the internet line, not phone line.

Maciej
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20
0 Likes

Maciej3
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 20

I managed to have an engineer coming next week. Thanks for your help everyone.

Maciej

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 20

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the phone in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

But if it is still totally dead in the test socket then this would suggest your line has still not been connected, and the team here may need to arrange an engineer for you when they are back tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

No sound, nothing

Maciej
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 20

ok, so if you just pick the landline phone up and listen to it (without dialling anything) can you hear anything on the landline, or is it completely dead ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hello,

No tone on the landline when I call but with the phone that I used to call, I could here the beep (when you call someone).

I also tried to make a call with the landline phone and nothing, no beeping. And the receiving phone did not ring. 

Thanks

Maciej
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

Do you hear anything at all on the landline phone, i.e. any dial tone ?, or is the landline phone completely dead.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hello Karl, 

A fixed phone is now plugged. I tried to call the line but it’s not working. 

I leave it plugged, let me know. 

Thanks 

Maciej
0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi

There may still be an issue with the broadband side of things, but if we are sure the line is connected, and you have a dial tone, then we can look at this solely as a broadband fault.  

The next option is usually to confirm it is not the router, either we provide you with another router to test, or you can test the existing router on a friends connection etc. If line issues and router issues are ruled out then a broadband engineer is required.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Karl,

If the tests are showing clear, does it mean that I should see a green light on the router ? Because last night it was still showing an on and off amber light.   

Anyway, I will try to find a phone an plug it tonight. I will revert to you when done. 

See you later !

Maciej
0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi

Tests are showing clear, and the test on the phone side is also passing. Previously a few days ago this was showing as a DIS - disconnected but is clear now, so a quick test to see if the copper line is physically connected will let us focus on just the broadband side and proceed to a broadband engineer if required.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hello Karl,

I am at work during the day. I can find one and try  this evening but your colleague who came on Saturday the 27th of August, plugged his computer and said : 1 - the line is physically disconnected and need to be reconnected.  2- the line needs to be reactivated as it is not right now.

Thanks

Maciej
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

Hi

Is it possible to borrow a handset for 2 minutes to see if the line is physically connected ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hello Chris,

I don't have a phone at all. Never used, never had one and won't use one for now.

Maciej
0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi Maciej3,

Could I just ask, is your telephone service working, do you have a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hello,

Done, thanks for letting me know !

Maciej
0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Morning Michelle,

Done. Do you think they can call me ? 

Thanks 

Maciej
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Morning,

Please can you update your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi @Maciej3,

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes