cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed

Shellg1511
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have only been getting speeds of around 26mbps and have been told by talk talk that I should be getting 40. The set up is ok and I’m being told that the router is ok. I’ve logged on to router admin and changed my channel but nothing is helping. I’ve run out of things to do now! 

M golbourn
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Shellg1511,

Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let me know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

I don’t actually have a telephone but openreach did fix a fault last month on my line and said he was getting speeds of 40 but that it looked like my broadband has been capped at about 26-28. I did speak to someone in the live chat this morning but didn’t get anywhere. My son is getting speeds of 20 mbps on his Xbox and he said he’s moving out unless I get this sorted 😂

M golbourn
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

My son has just done a speed test on his Xbox and he’s got a download speed of 20mbps. He’s moving out unless I get this sorted! 😂

M golbourn
0 Likes

Shellg1511
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

I don’t actually have a telephone but openreach did fix a fault last month on my line and said he was getting speeds of 40 but that it looked like my broadband has been capped at about 26-28. I did speak to someone in the live chat this morning but didn’t get anywhere

M golbourn
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Still can't run a line test. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service? Any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Shellg1511,

Thanks. I can't run a line test at the moment as we are experiencing some system issues. I'll try again a bit later

Chris

0 Likes

Shellg1511
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

I have now updated my details in the profile section Chris, thanks

M golbourn
0 Likes

Shellg1511
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Chris, I have now updated my details on my profile. Thanks

M golbourn
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi Shellg1511,

Welcome to the Community. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes