cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broken Firmware Update - Sagemcom Fast 5364 - (Again)

Olivia45
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

So, again a firmware update has broken my internet connection...

My VPNs no longer work

WhatsApp calls don't work

Certain other apps not working

A number of DNS resolution issues

Fault has been reported (ref# available if needed)

Can somebody please escalate this and provide the necessary firmware rollback/update/reset as needed?

Once again, this update has clearly been rolled out prematurely, without sufficient testing or adherence to modern development best practice.

An updated GUI is not essential on a router - stability absolutely is.

You cannot keep switching customers to NAT without due warning (and thorough explanation of consequences)

Thank you

HW version = FAST5364 3.00
SW version = SG4K100158
GUI version = 5.79.4

NAT = enabled             <------- Why?!

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi @ComfortablyNumb 

Please can you create a new topic/thread on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I have noticed I can no longer access the router ADVANCED SETTINGS option when I log into the hub from my iPad (or iPhone) - despite being able to log into the dashboard. I used to find it very convenient to have the ability to restart my router using one of my iOS devices without the need to go to the desktop computer. Is this a new bug or is this a feature of the current software version?

My software version appears to be SG4K100174

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hello,

UPDATE - Your router firmware has now updated to V174. This should resolve the firewall issue. Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Olivia45

Our Devices Team are still investigating this issue but have advised that setting the firewall to medium should resolve the issue - it has been advised by our Devices Team that customers should set their firewall settings to medium.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Olivia45

I have passed this information to our Devices Team and I'm just waiting for an update back from them.

Thanks

0 Likes

Olivia45
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 15

Hi Debbie,

VPN wise, Wireguard and OpenVPN

TCP appears to work

UDP does not work

Neither does Wireguard

WhatsApp voice/video calls don't work.

Kik messenger chiefly among the steaming apps - haven't had time to check all of them, but I imagine more also don't work.

DNS - I noticed some issues on the morning of Fri 17th doing a cursory check of the logs.

Unfortunately I don't have time to trawl through the logs and find them now.

All of the above points to a NAT traversal issue - either a misconfiguration on your backend, or in the router firmware.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Olivia45

Our Devices Team are completing some testing and they have asked if you could confirm the below:

• What VPN issues are you reporting? 
  • What VPN protocols are you using etc?
  • Which apps are not working?
  • What DNS related issues are you experiencing?
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Olivia45

I'm speaking to our Devices Team now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Olivia45
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 15

Hi Debbie,

The firewall is currently set on high, however as I have already stated, setting it to medium does not resolve the issue.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Olivia45

Apologies, we are unable to roll back firmware.

What is the firewall currently set at? I can then pass this over to our Devices Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Definitely start your own thread, @ggttjm, to avoid confusion between accounts etc.

Staff are likely to have finished work for the week on here, @Olivia45, so this is unlikely to be resolved before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ggttjm
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 15

Piggybacking on this, but let me know if etiquette is to start a separate thread, very similar issues here, also on SG4K100158 now (as of yesterday/today?) and Sagecom FAST 5364 3

I had the same issues last May and the solution was a firmware roll back. Is another one available please? I was on 

SG4K10002829t previously, and that was fine.

Setting Firewall to Medium security does improve matters, but isn't really an acceptable solution

0 Likes

Olivia45
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

After checking Debbie, as I suspected that has not resolved the issue.

Furthermore I would not be prepared to leave the firewall on medium settings anyway.

NAT is what's causing the problem.

Please can the necessary firmware be rolled back/updated

Thank you

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi Olivia45

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you check the firewall settings and change this to medium and then retest?

Thanks

0 Likes