cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Current Firmware

paulhayhurst
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Im having issues keeping all my devices connected and have received a new router.  However still having the same issues so I've been advised to ensure my router is running the current software.

Router is Sagemcom FAST 5364-4

Current Software is  SG4K100130

If this is not the latest then please can you advise how I get the latest version please.

If it is the latest versions, are there any other suggestions as to what the issue maybe?  Its  mainly google home devices

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Paul

Apologies, the Service Centre can take a short while to update once the FW has been updated.

I've switched off the WIFI optimisation. Please can you test different wireless channels to see how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

paulhayhurst
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your response.  Why does your online diagnostic tell me otherwise then?  This would suggest there is an issue with the diagnostics?

Yes please try turning off the optimisation.

It's so frustrating.  The router has been in the same place since I joined talk talk, the large number if devices have been in place for months, yet recently nothing but problems 😞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi paulhayhurst

I'm sorry to hear this.

Your router does have the newest FW version.

I can try switching off the WIFI optimisation so you can choose a different wireless channel. Would you like to test this?

0 Likes

paulhayhurst
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for this but when I ran the diagnostics it told me a firmware update was required - I've been on chat tonight, they advised me to reset the modem to factory settings and an update should occur within 24 hours?

My issue is primarily with google devices mainly their minis and homehub.  I had them connected initially but they've subsequently disconnnected and I cant reconnect.  I suspect the router may be struggling with the number of devices.  However, the total including phones/ laptops etc was around 22 and I understood the router should be able to cope with around 50 devices.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @paulhayhurst,

That is the very latest version of firmware for that router, that version has only very recently been released.

Are the devices you are having problems with connected via wireless ?, is it specifically affecting devices connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands ?

If only wireless devices are affected it is possible you are experiencing Wi-Fi interference. You could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

The Sagemcom router also has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the staff to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

If the Wi-Fi Optimisation is flipping between channels a lot this can also cause connectivity issues for your devices.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes