cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DHCP not working

MattMiller
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi All,

it appears the DHCP has stopped working on my router.

I have factory defaulted and it still doesn’t work.

the only way I can get a device to connect is to manually enter an IP Address and set a dns server.

This issue is on LAN and WiFi.

Also, this issue “just happened out of no where”. It has been running fine for months without issue.

Any advice or should I contact TalkTalk for a replacement router?

thanks

Matt

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've checked and can see that the firmware has now been updated. How is the connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

Yes that is an old firmware version, but it is fairly normal for routers to be sent out with that version on them, you should find that the firmware will automatically update overnight within the first few nights. The GUI is much improved on the later firmware.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Chris, I received my new router today and everything appears to be working, well, sort of!

Technically everything is working but the user GUI on the router doesn't appear to be very well. It's hard to explain, but one example is on port forwarding I have to have the ENABLE button set to OFF, for it to actually work! If I click so its green and enabled then the port forwarding stops working.

The firmware version on this router is: SG4K10001400t

Is this an old firmware version? And can it be updated to the latest somehow please?

Thanks

Matt

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

OK thanks Matt, just let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Chris,

I have spoken to support via online chat and they have ordered a new router for me. Hopefully it will be here soon,

thanks

Matt

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Matt,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance?

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @MattMiller,

If a factory reset has not helped then it might be best to contact TalkTalk for help, the staff here on the community will be able to help, but they won't be back until 29th, if you wanted to phone or use the live chat then the Christmas opening times can be found here.