cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Dropping connection - getting worse

Bouch
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I have been a loyal customer for over 17 years, but since the start of 2024, I have experienced what seems like daily drop outs at varying times of the day and this is frustrating when working from home.  It can last from a few mins to longer.   

My current contract  states speeds between 61.6 and 55.5 Mbps

The broadband speeds also have seen a considerable drop since the turn of the year (no new equipment added)   Example, TV Firestick used to record 60MB on 5GHZ wifi and today its 40MB and on 2.4GHZ its now 36MB.    I used an ethernet connection for my work PC and the speed test just now is 43.4MB download,  3.47MB upload, latency 10.9ms, jitter 1.52ms

Have been using a WiFiHub (FAST 5364-3 T8) for a few years now.   

The connection tests - say there is a fault and then later it says its all working fine,  and this repeats almost daily.  Have rebooted router many times.

Existing case reference - REP-14261897

Very frustrated - please advise and help!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi @Bouch 

That's great. I believe the engineer completed work at the cabinet to fix this fault.

Yes please keep the new router 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie

Thanks for keeping me in the loop.   Now I am home, I have managed to test the speed.

Through ethernet connection I am getting 

Bouch_0-1715196144469.png

Via WiFi   2.4GHZ (a little slower than normal)

Bouch_1-1715196272088.png

and on 5GHZ

Bouch_2-1715196389075.png

I have optimised the WiFI channels as well.

So overall, it looks like it is back to normal. Did Openreach say what the issue was?

I am presuming I can keep the new router that was sent (as it took ages to reconnect the Ring system and smart socket devices).

Thanks for your @Debbie-TalkTalk  and @Karl-TalkTalk  help on this one

Message 3 of 12

Hi @Bouch 

Openreach have closed the fault as resolved.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Bouch

I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning.

I will check on this again later this afternoon for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 12

Bouch_0-1715107522027.png

Current speed test - so awaiting Openreach

0 Likes

Bouch
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

Karl

New router installed this afternoon, as internet download speed had dropped to below 10MB today (it was ok yesterday evening). It made no difference (apart from having to reset all the Ring cameras, Echo dot and smart sockets!!!)    Ran a check on the line and it now appears that there is a fault between house and the exchange and its been referred to Open Reach.     Will report back in due course. 

I note the router has digital voice capability - so at least that is handy for when this area gets switched over.

Paul

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Karla

Router has s arrived, so will test after BH weekend.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Bouch
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Thanks Karl, will report back once it arrives.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Bouch

A new router is on the way to rule out a hardware issue, before we take this towards an engineer for you.

Please test with the new router and report back here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes