cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Go live date

Amiesutton12
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

So go live date was today..

Box still flashing amber. Rung x5 times told different things each time wait until 12.

Tried everything recommended. Tested the line.. nothing back! 

A.sutton
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Amiesutton12

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I can now see the details. Could you power down the router for a full 30 minutes for me please? and post back on this thread to let us know once the router has been switched back on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Amiesutton12
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

still not working this morning - sat on chat for over an hour no further forward

A.sutton
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

updated

A.sutton
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Hi Amiesutton12

Just to confirm, have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Yes they said was live this morning 

A.sutton
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

They ask you to allow up to midnight,  @Amiesutton12.

Please complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Staff will reply during the day. 

Let us know then if you are up and running with your service or still need help. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Amiesutton12,

It can take up until midnight for a service to be activated, but if you have a flashing amber light then that means the router can't detect a broadband signal on the phone line, and Openreach should really have had things connected well before this time of night.

Did you receive a text/email to confirm your service had gone live ?. Are you able to log into the 'My Account' site to check the status of your activation ?

Can you ensure that the cable that connects the router to the phone socket is firmly attached.

Can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) supplied with your router to connect it to the phone socket.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is to be provided on (this is shown in My Account) & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.