cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

ITVX & TV Hub Box

Howtt
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I have had three telephone conversations, so far, with customer services. On the first call I was offered the TV 4k Box but then told it would only work on full fibre cable. Second call offered the TV Hub box which can handle 10/100/1000 mbps using ethernet. Third call discovered that I had been signed up to a new contract and £9.95 delivery charge. then told TV Hub unsuitable as well. Full fibre not available at my address provided by TalkTalk all other 9 Neighbours have either BT or true speed. Also Chat not working.
Any ideas please?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

ITVX will not work for the legacy Youview boxes, some other older TV Boxes or smart TV's. This is an ITV Decision, so beyond our control.

The new 4K TV Box and TV Hub will support the new ITV X app. Both boxes will connect wireless or wired, and if you have a fibre connection (FTTC or FTTP) with a connection speed above 10mb, then all should be fine.  You may need to renew the contract when taking one of the new boxes, and have TalkTalk Entertainment  (replacing any previous TV charge) added to your package at £5 per month.

The TV box cannot be issued to ASDL customers. only currently to Fibre customers.

If you are currently on ADSL then no TV box can be provided.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes