cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent disconnecting broadband due to continuous crackling noise on the line?

Crackle170224
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

My broadband disconnects for no apparent reason. The line has a continuous crackling noise when tested using the BT Master Socket 5C test socket with different phones while the electricity to my home is switched off.

The router may or may not show the disconnections, I know they are occurring as a laptop is wired to the router and active with 12 hour long YouTube videos with connection monitoring software recording.

This router after a QubeGB visit, showed a slowly flashing orange light all night, I left it alone as I did have a working broadband connection and did not want to risk losing it. I powerd down the router in the morning and later powered it back up.

I think the router is faulty, it might be the cause of the broadband disconnecting. 

Help.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Crackle,

Noise on the line can cause the broadband service to be unstable, cause disconnections and drop in speed. Hopefully if the engineer fixes the crackle it will also fix the broadband instability

Chris

0 Likes