cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet and landline phone issue

idj20
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hello and long time no hear. I did hope not to come back in here, but after a few months of trouble-free internet and phone calls where I was even getting healthy 53 mbps speeds, sadly there has been another decline today with the internet cutting off, broadband speeds fluctuating between 9 mb and 20 mb and crackling sound coming from my landline phone (which I still use occasionally). I did try using one of your Tech Chat services hoping to resolve the situation but I gave up after an hour of going around in circles. 
  So I'm now having to turn to you moderators for help once again as I've had had the best results in here. I have used your connection check and does say there is an issue. And I've had this new router posted by you for only 6 months.
  A part of me is now wanting to admit defeat and go full fibre-to-house complete with a digital handset as I think my current 70 years old overhead copper cable connection is really showing its age, but apparently my street won't be ready for full-fibre to house until 2026 at the earliest and even that isn't guaranteed. Yet streets only a minutes walk from my house have spanking new full fibre to house connections!

Best regards Ian. 

IDJ
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi idj20

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

idj20
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Well, Openreach man has just been and gone. Phone is working and my internet is back up to speed with 48 mb (at least for overhead copper cable). Hopefully you won't hear from me again in six months time, but thank you for your attention to this and getting it sorted out.  

IDJ

Message 3 of 9

No problem, hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issue soon

Chris

Message 4 of 9

Thank you for getting back to us on this as phone line is still not working and my internet is running at 7 mbps at the moment. At least it is usable for now, just not for video streaming, etc. Looking forward to hearing from Openreach. 🙂

IDJ
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi idj20,

Line test is picking up a potential problem so I've logged this out to Openreach for investigation. They will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Staff are not back before the morning, @idj20.

This will need diagnosis by them - Chat is available on Sundays, but might be as well to wait for forum staff.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

idj20
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

The decline continues after being cut off yet again. Can anyone get in touch before my internet go altogether? 

Decline continues.Decline continues.

IDJ
0 Likes

idj20
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Anyone home? 😁 Did a router reboot and then a speedcheck this morning.

This is what I'm getting . . .

Not great to be honest.Not great to be honest.

Also landline phone still not working with crackling and hissing. I guess I have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) when everyone are going back to work.

IDJ
0 Likes