cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet connection frequently drops out on TT, but OK on BT BB

jayesjay
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have two phonelines with BB on each, I normally use TT, but if TT line BB drops out, I use BT line  BB.

In the last week , I have had several instances of TT BB internet dropping out (while phone lines remain OK). After a while TT BB inet comes back. But during the off period, the router light remains white (SAGEM FAST 5364).

The connection in my installation has a Local Network (RJ45?) cable from each router connected to my desktop PC via a simple switchbox. This enables use of BT BB when TT is down. No other cables or connectors are touched during such a switchover, and as both normally work well, I have to assume that the connection failure is not in this cable routing.

For TT, I have Fibre 65, fibre to the cabinet, I believe, and still get a d/l speed of about 30 bursting to 32 MB.. I don't know what the BT arrangement is, I normally get about 50MB.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4
0 Likes

jayesjay
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

I shall check if and when the TT Inet drops out. I can check if other WiFi or wired LNA equipment loses the inet.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi jayesjay,

Do you have any other devices connected to the router by wifi? If you do, do they also lose the internet connection?

Chris

0 Likes