cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Large bill after only a 5 or six weeks

CPMold
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Only been using since July 13th and just get a bill for £74. No explanation of the charges. Nothing. Anyone know where I can see why this bill is so much ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

CPMold
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

Thank you both very much for your knowledge. I did see the boost offer last night so I'll look into it. I'm just a little annoyed this didn't seem to be in large print somewhere.  I do prefer a landline for call quality but I'll weigh up just not using the landline with perhaps an upgrade on the mobile. I'll have to see what the options are like. Thanks again.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Traditional broadband includes the landline, @CPMold. You just have to remember that phone calls to 01, 02, 03 and ordinary mobiles are @24p per minute these days. As you discovered, it takes no time at all to accumulate a hefty bill.

The phone boost represents good value for frequent users.

I've done without the boost this time, and am ringing out on my mobile for chargeable calls. Can get by, but sound quality tends not to be as good.

To keep track of all Talktalk charges, check these pages:

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/pricing

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 10

Sometimes there's an offer on the Unlimited UK phone calls Boost. Have a look in your MyAccount.

About Boosts

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 10

Ok, thanks Gondola.

CPMold
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Now I've managed to get logged in, it turns out Talk Talk are charging me high prices for home phone calls.. Nearly £8 for a half hour call to London on a Saturday so I'll be using the mobile from now on. Can I remove the home phone service easily ?

Message 6 of 10

Just to add that your first bill will have charges up to the Billing date and then the forward broadband service charges for the month from the billing date. It's therefore going to be more than the recurring monthly bill charge.

CPMold
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for the tips.  I get some timeout error trying to register every time,  so it's not going particularly well this evening. I may leave it until tomorrow when I'm less fired up.
Let you know how it goes.

CPMold
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Ok thanks. Trying to get registered is proving difficult as well so it's a bit of a shambles really. I had registered with my local water company the other day and their website portal and billing details are exemplary.  I can't say the same for this lot.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi CPMold 

Your customer MyAccount will have the itemised bill.

Your latest bill

Charges on your bill