cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Letter about a router sent in November that never arrived

jgcfh
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have received a letter and an email asking me to install the new router sent in November 2021 so that I do not lose the broadband service. But I never received a router.

The letter says that there is no charge for the router or for planned improvements to my line

2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi @jgcfh

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @jgcfh,

Several people have reported exactly the same issue on this community this week, so sounds like TalkTalk may have messed something up here.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

Usually the reason for them sending that letter/email is because they are planning to upgrade someone from ADSL to Fibre, and if your connection changes to Fibre you have to have a router that supports VDSL for it to work, if you currently have quite an old router it may well not support VDSL, so they send customers a new router to ensure their service will still work when it is upgraded.

0 Likes