cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

MY DEVICES in MY CONNECTION

Soloman13
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 78 of 78

Hi there! Can anyone tell me why the devices listed in MY DEVICES  are duplicated over and over.

According to the list I have 20 devices connected to my new sagecom router all working correctly.!!!!!

In fact I only have 11 devices, 2 of which are not on the list.

The other devices are duplicated over and over.

One device appears 4 times and others 2 times. No way for me to amend it and TalkTalk no help.

Any ideas?????

0 Likes
77 REPLIES 77

Message 61 of 78

Hi Chris,

This query started because I was having problems with my internet connection.

The number of devices at that time was 27 with duplications as many as 5 but all devices were listed.

The router has been replaced and this router is showing 20 devices BUT 2 devices are not showing at all even though they appear to be working fine.

A fault was found at the exchange and the connection appears to be stable for the time being.

This issue is a recent innovation as this problem has only become apparent this year.

I have screenshots of lists of devices from last year and all were recorded singly and completely

I don't know if this issue is contributing to my connection problems but something is not right.

0 Likes

Message 62 of 78

Hi Soloman13,

Yes thanks. I've received an update about this, it seems that the multiple entries are being caused by having wifi extenders, the records are being checked for both the router and the wifi extenders. They are looking at a way to stop this happening but it may be difficult.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 63 of 78

Hi Chris , did you get the private message I sent you with the attached information??????

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 64 of 78

OK thanks, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 65 of 78

Profile updated

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 66 of 78

Sorry but could you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 67 of 78
0 Likes

Message 68 of 78

Thanks Chris

0 Likes

Message 69 of 78

OK thanks, Leave it with me, I'll try to find out if there anything that we can do about this and get back to you.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 70 of 78

I don't know how I can make it any clearer!

I go to MY ACCOUNT

Then MY CONNECTION

Then MY DEVICES

Multiple devices are listed as working correctly many times

This post is listed as MY DEVICES in MY CONNECTION.

I also do a SPEED TEST, CHECK MY CONNECTION,MY ROUTER etc as offered in this MY CONNECTION package

0 Likes

Message 71 of 78

OK thanks. Just to confirm, you are seeing this information in the router's UI aren't you, or is it in My Connection in My Account?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 72 of 78

Hi , just checked again as info was as of 12.01, multiple devices loaded up immediately on single page as of 12.01 last night. This is with a brand new router with no historical connection to the old one.

The exchange and the line has been sorted by Openreach. A new router has been installed. All new cables connecting PC to router and router to Open reach box. Issue is not my end!

0 Likes

Message 73 of 78

OK thanks. When your rebooted the router and checked, didn't immediately show multiple entries for some devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 74 of 78

Hi Chris, a fault has been located at the exchange so my internet connection has stabilised for now. Just gone to My Account/My Connection/MyDevices but there is no change.

0 Likes

Message 75 of 78

If you could let us know if it continues after the line issue is resolved we can ask our product team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 76 of 78

Hi Chris, I have been having connection issues which resulted in my previous router being rebooted and reset numerous times.  This duplication was evident on that router with 27 listed devices. New router installed on Sunday but no change. My wifes phone is listed 4 times, my phone listed twice and so on, listing 20 devices with 2 missing!! Once the line issued is cleared perhaps it will resolve itself (Sagecom Hub Router)

But I doubt it!!! Seems to be a total mystery

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 77 of 78

Hi Soloman13

Sorry, I don't know why it is doing this, have you tried rebooting the router, if not then can you give it a try

Chris

0 Likes