cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New Speed checker

patgc
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

is the new Speed checker (its checks both speed to router and also router to your devices) not working. Havnt been able to get it to work for 2 or 3 days now. It just comes up with "we seem to be having a problem and are working on it"

Pat Goldsmith-Carter
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

That is probably right, depending on which network adapter is in your PC, if you can include or PM me the full output, I will be able to tell.

For Android V13 go to:-

Settings

Network & Internet

Tap the your network name (SSID)

Then click the cog icon to the right of it.

Scroll down to the bottom where you will see the Transmit & Receive link speeds.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Its only showing the 5ghz band 40 which is 433.3 for both transmit and receive and yes my phone is Android.

Yes, have cleared my cache and history ets and still wont work.

Pat Goldsmith-Carter
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi Pat,

I can get to it OK on my PC, but when I click on the speed to my devices the results shown are totally inaccurate. TalkTalk does know about this, but I don't know when it will be fixed.

If you can't reach it at all, then try clearing your browser's cache.

This is one reason why I check mine the way that I have outlined, plus of course, I do not need to log into MyAccount. What sort of speeds are you getting via the netsh command I mentioned? Is your Huawei phone an Android?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

On the new TT checker it showed up my Desktop computer, Huwaie phone, Sky box and Samsung smart TV. The computer is my main speed problem with the others slowing down and speeding up at random.

Is the checker going to be sorted out do you know ?

Pat Goldsmith-Carter

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

No problem @patgc I totally understand that. You can check out the Wireless Data Rate, which is the same thing, it is the speed between the wireless device & the router. How you do this is dependant on the devices that you are trying to measure this on. If a Windows PC for example, go to the command prompt & enter this:-

netsh wlan show interface

Then press the enter key. Look at these two lines:-

Receive rate (Mbps) : 650
Transmit rate (Mbps) : 866.7

Your figures are bound to be different to those above, but I can advise accordingly. It can also be found on some other devices, often requiring the installation of an app etc. If you remind me what type of devices you have, I will try & expand on this.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

This is the new TT one thats been going for a short while. I want to keep my eye on my speed to my devices b ecause of the trouble that you are trying to help me with at the moment.

Pat Goldsmith-Carter
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi Pat,

This is the TalkTalk speed tester I use:-

https://www.supportal-test.co.uk/ 

OK, it doesn't tell you about the speed to the device, I tend to work that out myself.

Keith