cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New talk talk customer using a "other" router

TyroneVeron
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I have just got talk talk broadband and from the second I switched it on it is with a personal router of my choosing. Not the talk talk router that is provided. 

No internet is coming through. Can I fix this and keep my router I chose myself?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

@TyroneVeron what service do you have from TalkTalk ?

If it is Fast Broadband or Fibre 35/65 you will need a combined modem/router to connect, not just a router.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Morning,

How are you getting on, has this helped?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @TyroneVeron,

It would be worth trying it with the router TalkTalk provided, just to prove that your new service is working. As long as the TalkTalk router connects ok then you could potentially switch back to your chosen 3rd party router, but you may need to change some settings :

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

If you do try the TalkTalk router first, and it connects ok, then it would be wise to leave over 30 minutes between disconnecting the TalkTalk router, and connecting your other router, this is to ensure your other router connects to a new session in the street cabinet, this will make sure it gets the best possible speeds.