cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No 5ghv

Dennis56
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi , i cant see any 5ghz on any of my devices, i have 2.4ghz and 5ghz enabled in my router settings but no 5ghz showing. The 2.4ghz is fine, does my firmware need updating and would this fix this issue.

Dennis
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

A router is on the way to you to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Will i need to login my devices again after reset, i have a couple of IP cameras connected.

Dennis
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

No worries, hope you get it sorted. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks for your help anyway👍

Dennis

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

OK thanks for clarifying. So no device can "see" the 5GHz SSID? On that basis it could be a router issue, I will leave you back in the hands of TalkTalk support now. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I can see all devices connected to 2.4ghz but none listed on 5ghz in router settings, cant find 5ghz when i do wifi search.

Dennis
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Yes i have both enabled and changed the name of 5ghz, just added 5ghz to end of ssid,im not sure if both share just says both enabled.

Dennis
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Just to add, have you split the SSIDs? Because by default the router will use the same one for both bands and devices will only display a single network name. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi Dennis

I've checked and your router does have the current firmware version (but we do have the new version being rolled out soon)

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes