cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No connection after power cut

Emmerrr
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Had a very quick power cut early this morning.

My router hasn't connected to the internet since.

I have checked all cables, turned the router off for half an hour numerous times, and reset it, but still no joy.

Any help please?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Emmerrr

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Emmerrr
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 23

Hi, my router has arrived. All working. Thank you.

Message 3 of 23

Hi Emmerrr

Apologies for this.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Emmerrr
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 23

Hi, the openreach engineer has been and fixed my phone line. But the router still won’t connect. He tried multiple times. He tried to ring up to get a replacement router sent out but the lady from TalkTalk said that his report had to be sent through first.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23
0 Likes

Emmerrr
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 23

Thats great. Thank you very much. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Emmerrr,

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow afternoon - Fri 12th PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Emmerrr
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 23

Hi,

Available days-

Fri 12th PM

Sat 13th AM&PM

Monday 15th AM&PM

Tuesday 16th AM&PM

Wednesday 17th AM&PM

Thursday 18th AM&PM

Friday 19th AM&PM

I confirm acceptance of possible time related charges.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Morning,

The update from Openreach advises that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Could you provide a few days availability please AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we'll book in the next available appointment. 

Could you also confirm acceptance of possible time related charges which would apply if the engineer found not fault or if the fault is related to your own equipment or wiring. If the fault is located on Openreach maintained equipment then no charges should apply.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi @Emmerrr 

I've spoken to Openreach and they have advised that the fault is scheduled for 09/04/24, for the engineer to investigate (external investigation)

I will check on this again on 10/04 for updates.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

HI Emmerrr

Sorry for the delay.

The fault is still with Openreach. I will speak to Openreach this morning for more information and I post back on this thread.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

No further updates yet, we'll check again on Monday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Emmerrr,

This still appears to be in hand with Openreach, I'll check for further updates later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hi Debbie,

the engineer didn’t contact me yesterday.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi Emmerrr

Can I just check, did the Openreach line engineer contact you yesterday?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hi Emmerrr

The fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we should hopefully have more information later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi Emmerrr

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi Emmerrr

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a potential line fault so I have passed this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

0 Likes

Emmerrr
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 23

Thank you for taking the time to try and help.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 23

Oh well in that case you will need TalkTalk to sort it, I was just hoping it might be something that I might have been able to help with. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you. There is a skeleton service from TT on the forum tomorrow, other than that it will be Tuesday.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?