cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No wifi.

Igivein1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

New installation in new home 17th Dec.  Worked well.  Had to go away from home soon afterwards.  Returned yesterday 26th Dec to no connection.  Broadband box orange flickering light.  Tried everything to get it to work.  Nothing worked.  Tried to phone talk Talk no help available because of Christmas hours.  What are the Christmas hours and how do I get my broadband working?  Paying for no service at the moment and spending hours trying to sort it.  No customer service.   Not a good start talktalk.  Please help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Igivein1

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

If you suffer a loss of service and it takes more than two working days to fix then you may be entitled to automatic compensation:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Igivein1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Appreciate your response, thank you. After spending 3 hours trying to sort it out including live chat and finally speaking to someone on the telephone,  Talktalk made an appointment for an engineer to come out.  £50 charge if not their fault.   How about a reimbursement for a service I’m missing over the holidays if it is?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Igivein1,

In addition to the advice from @martswain, it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Some staff will be back here on the community on Wednesday 29th, for one of them to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@Igivein1 

Christmas and NY support hours are on this page

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

Is your service over the phone line and is that working normally and does dialing 17070 get a readback of the correct number ?

If the phone works, have you tried a factory reset of the router ?

0 Likes