cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Openreach modem: connection dropouts

speedzilla
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

I have Fibre250 with the MT992 G.fast modem and a separate router.

Over the last months, the modem loses the internet connection intermittently (internet LED is off, see photo). It will usually resync with the network after a few minutes, but in the mean time there will be no internet. It's very disruptive, particularly for active zoom/teams calls. It can happen several times a day, or not at all.

modemmodem

I registered a fault with TT and went thru multiple line tests. One of them indicated an issue and an Openreach engineer attended the cabinet (but not my house). They said it was solved but it isn't. I suspect it's not an issue in the cabinet and a good start would be to replace the modem.

I tried different routers and that isn't the issue. The issue is the modem losing sync. It seems I am not alone experiencing this, with other posts on the same topic on reddit and here. For example:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/OpenReach-modem-dropping-internet-connection-periodica...

TT can you help with this?

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 21 of 22

Hi @speedzilla,

The support team here will be back tomorrow and will hopefully be able to reply then to help further. TalkTalk can't supply a new Openreach modem (they can only supply their own TalkTalk routers), so if a new Openreach modem was required they would need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit for you.

The support team here may be able to run some more tests first to see if they can identify any other problems, they would then be able to arrange an Openreach engineer visit if they thought that was necessary.